Any new news on Southwest flights to Hawaii?

ErinC

DIS Veteran
I've seen the announcements of what cities they will fly from, but anybody know of an update as to when they will start actually flying? I'm still hopeful that they will get their act together before December (which I know is wishful thinking).

Thanks Almondmilktea, that's the most updated update I've seen. Wish it was better news. Not sure how long I'm willing to wait this airfare purchase out. Patience is not my best virtue!

Last edited:

even if southwest were to start on aug 8...they may not be much cheaper (if at all) barring promotional pricing of some kind. fuel costs (they’ll probably be required to have more extra fuel than they’re used to), and airport fees might make it almost impossible for them to have cheap prices.

if they do actually have noticeably cheaper prices...it may be difficult to actually get tickets as there will probably be quite a few people trying to get them.

even if southwest were to start on aug 8...they may not be much cheaper (if at all) barring promotional pricing of some kind. fuel costs (they’ll probably be required to have more extra fuel than they’re used to), and airport fees might make it almost impossible for them to have cheap prices.

if they do actually have noticeably cheaper prices...it may be difficult to actually get tickets as there will probably be quite a few people trying to get them.

I can't see them not being cheaper than most others. In every market they enter that's what they do. They will certainly be competitive or they wouldn't bother. In all the markets that southwest enters everyone else is forced to lower their prices, I can't imagine that this market will be any different. Plus they offer the free bags which pretty much no one else does. I'm sure if and when they do offer the tickets we'll need to be prepared to act quickly.

In all the markets that southwest enters everyone else is forced to lower their prices, I can't imagine that this market will be any different.
Not Atlanta.

AirTran forced Delta to have cheaper prices but once the name changed to SouthWest, fares rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter