Any new rumors about the nighttime lagoon show?

GoldmanTrust

Mouseketeer
Have you guys heard anything? The original statement from Universal in October 2017 was vague, had no details what so ever.

I hope we will see a new show this year.

wondering any news on this ?

heading to universal in july for first time and its not looking like the new show will be up and running by then, since there has been no news or even rumours?

I don't really know anything on this, although they are doing a lot of walled-off work on the "Central Park" area between the Kidzone and Hollywood section of the park. And laying out a big grid of submerged platforms in the center of that part of the lagoon. It looks very similar to the platforms that World of Color nighttime show equipment sits on out at Disney's California Adventure. I'd say it's at least two months out if not more.

Definitely hoping they go all out for this. Universal needs more nighttime entertainment options IMO. I know they're limited due to the surrounding neighborhoods, but more things like the Harry Potter lights would go a long way towards the overall park experience (although I really dislike the new HP light show...the Christmas one was so much better!)

Yeah, shows like this have a more general appeal. Some people dont like the rides, so shows like this are a must.

Even the Cinematic thing was something at least. It felt kind of strange last year when the park just closed, with no night time show.

They actually had some divers out today working in the lagoon. I can't figure out if the stuff in the water is just temporary scaffolding for the work they're doing or if this will become a part of the show. You can also see the work they're doing in the Central Park area for what I assume to be the viewing area.

Attachments

• IMG_5255.JPG
    IMG_5255.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5256.JPG
    IMG_5256.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5257.JPG
    IMG_5257.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 25
Nice photos! I saw the lake level was drained a foot or so and noted the scaffolding. I am glad you posted photos, as I’m clueless about such things, nowadays.
I keep meaning to ask a team member about the construction at the former park.

They actually had some divers out today working in the lagoon. I can't figure out if the stuff in the water is just temporary scaffolding for the work they're doing or if this will become a part of the show. You can also see the work they're doing in the Central Park area for what I assume to be the viewing area.

That is way too large to be temporary, my guess equipment will go on top of it like World of Color has, and they will just lower/raise the water in the lagoon with pumps to maintain equipment on it. Water can easily pass through the grating on the platforms. The fact they are going through a lot of trouble to set this up and making a custom viewing area in the park likely means this will be a step way above the last show. There's still quite a bit of platform left to install by the looks of it also.

That is way too large to be temporary, my guess equipment will go on top of it like World of Color has, and they will just lower/raise the water in the lagoon with pumps to maintain equipment on it. Water can easily pass through the grating on the platforms. The fact they are going through a lot of trouble to set this up and making a custom viewing area in the park likely means this will be a step way above the last show. There's still quite a bit of platform left to install by the looks of it also.

Yep, not temporary........

Water level has been dropped by 30 inches at the moment, and with the revamp of the area across....this is going t be good when they finally announce it!

Loads of pics online.........

They've been installing large fountains, and other water elements on top of the platform this week (It looks very similar to how World of Color is set up in California Adventure).

The park area by the water is being made into a multi-tiered viewing area.

Based on rumors it'll likely have fireworks, fountains, lasers, fancy lighting, water screens, projection mapping, zip-lines, and flying drones involved.

Still no details on what the show will actually be other than some of the elements used, it'll dwarf the previous shows based on what's there now. I think the show originally was supposed to happen next year, but when Hurricane Irma damaged the old show's equipment they pushed up the timeline for the new show rather than fix the old one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter