Any news on OKW room refurb?

olafgypsy

Mouseketeer
Last I heard, the rooms were supposed to be refurbished starting in August on a rolling basis, but I have not heard a peep about it, nor seen images of the updated room design. Has it been delayed again? Anyone visited recently and seen/heard it going on?

I have a friend staying at the moment. She posted yesterday on FB that they had just started Turtle Pond buildings 30-33 had been blocked off and were being emptied out.

I have a friend staying at the moment. She posted yesterday on FB that they had just started Turtle Pond buildings 30-33 had been blocked off and were being emptied out.
Thanks for the inside info Pinkgirl! I'm eagerly awaiting pics of the refurbished rooms. Staying there in January and hoping some will be done and I can get into one!

They desperately need it. We stayed in a Turtle Pond studio in June and it was very run down. I love OKW, so am excited that the rooms will be getting a facelift.

I’m excited, too! Can’t wait to hear the reports. I’ve been stalking the trip reports here and on TripAdvisor hoping to see pics, but so far, no luck. I think it’s a little strange that it’s not being publicized more. Usually when a resort has a refurb the bloggers jump all over it and do reviews / write-ups right away.

They have not opened any new rooms yet. Prior concept rooms got very bad reviews. They are making it certainly generic.

The concept rooms were generic. Not sure what crime autocorrect committed on my last comment.

Odds are high the actual is generic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!