Any opinions on getting the dining plan for just one night of our four night stay?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I have a one night DVC reservation at AKV, followed by a two night DVC reservation at SSR, and then a final night at the Beach Club, booked with cash, this coming June. I am seriously considering purchasing the quick service dining plan for the one night at AKL, and using it once that night and then again at Disney Springs the following day. The main factor I am looking at is getting the mugs with the plan with that first day (June 6th), but being able to use them until we leave on (June 10th).

Any opinions on this plan?

According to where your room is at SSR, it can be a real pain to get to the Carriage House to use your mug at that resort.

I have kind of the same question. DD and I are headed down again in August. First night at Pop, 5 days in DVC standard View at Kidani Village then last 2 days Savannah view at Kidani. Thought about one day meet at Pop to get the mug. Basically subtract that amount as I would probably buy one anyway. Is it easy to refill at Kidani and if I buy the one day meal plan will the mug be good for my entire stay? TIA

I have kind of the same question. DD and I are headed down again in August. First night at Pop, 5 days in DVC standard View at Kidani Village then last 2 days Savannah view at Kidani. Thought about one day meet at Pop to get the mug. Basically subtract that amount as I would probably buy one anyway. Is it easy to refill at Kidani and if I buy the one day meal plan will the mug be good for my entire stay? TIA

Yes. Mugs are good for 14 days after activation and they’re not resort specific.

Easy is relative. There’s a refill station in the shop in the lobby. But Kidani has long hallways. If your room is near the ends, it will take a while to get to the lobby.

Agree. If your plan is to use Disney transportation and refill your mug on the way to the buses, and on the way back from the parks, it's easy. Or, if you're close to the lobby, it's easy. If you're even halfway out one of the hallways, it's a pretty good walk. Even worse if your plan is to drive to the parks and you won't happen to be going by the lobby anyway.

Easy is relative. There’s a refill station in the shop in the lobby. But Kidani has long hallways. If your room is near the ends, it will take a while to get to the lobby.
Thank you. I appreciate the info. Long walk doesn't bother me....often do the walk to get drinks at Pop wherever we happened to be.

Yes. Mugs are good for 14 days after activation and they’re not resort specific.
Thanks....I thought so. I've always either just purchased or had with the dining plan and only 1 resort. Figuring if I'm going to buy them anyway, buying meal plan the first night might save a little for food.

Thanks....I thought so. I've always either just purchased or had with the dining plan and only 1 resort. Figuring if I'm going to buy them anyway, buying meal plan the first night might save a little for food.

You're not really saving on the food, but you're getting your mug for "free." Most of us give no monetary value to the mugs, but it has some value for you. If you're snacks are at least $5 each and your meals are $21 each, then your mug is free.

You're not really saving on the food, but you're getting your mug for "free." Most of us give no monetary value to the mugs, but it has some value for you. If you're snacks are at least $5 each and your meals are $21 each, then your mug is free.
We would buy a mug anyway as we use it often. So just a 1 day meal plan gets me a little break.

We would buy a mug anyway as we use it often. So just a 1 day meal plan gets me a little break.
Are you staying on a DVC reservation or a resort reservation the first night? I know I can do this with a DVC reservation, but I am curious about a resort reservation for one night. We have one night at the Beach Club at the end of our stay. We are not going into the parks this trip, so I wonder if it might could apply to one more night we have planned.

Are you staying on a DVC reservation or a resort reservation the first night? I know I can do this with a DVC reservation, but I am curious about a resort reservation for one night. We have one night at the Beach Club at the end of our stay. We are not going into the parks this trip, so I wonder if it might could apply to one more night we have planned.
Staying the first night at Pop then Kidani with a friends DVC for 5 nights in standard and 2 nights in Savanah room. I have 7 day park hopper also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter