• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recent reviews of Cape May for dinner?

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
I am still trying to decide whether it's worth it to try this restaurant. I know it's received mixed reviews a couple of years ago. Has anyone been recently and willing to share their opinion? I have 3 boys (2 of them I will have to pay the adult price for) so I want to make sure it is worth the $150 we will end up paying for our dinner there.

Thanks!

My husband and I ate here about a month ago and loved it, but then we enjoy seafood and really had quite a few clams, so for us it was worth it. We noticed they had added a prime rib carving station, too.

However, I'm not sure how much kids/teens would like it. When we were there they had barbeque chicken and ribs, steak tips, the prime rib, baked fish (can't recall what type), the clams and mussels (marinated in a tarragon butter now, though), potatoes, steamed veggies, corn bread, rolls, clam chowder, tomato soup, the salad bar, dessert bar, and a kids area with hot dogs, chicken strips, tater tots and cheese pizza.

Hope that helps a bit!

We ate dinner there last August and around three weeks ago.
Pretty much the same both times. :)
One of the items you THINK they offer is Prime Rib. One of the people with us said something to the carver about Prime Rib.
The CM wanted to know who told her it was Prime Rib?
Our friend replied -- No one. She just *assumed*.
It isn't prime rib, but everyone said it was still pretty good. I can't recall what she said it was -- Shank?? :confused: I didn't eat any of that.

I have been twice within the last year and I felt like I definitely got my money's worth. The most recent time was last October; it was definitely a roast of some sort- I had a slice and it looked like Prime Rib to me! (They went thru four of them just while we were there!!! I watched from our table!). There was also pork ribs, baked chicken, a stir fry with some sort of meat (I can't remember but I think it was beef), chicken strips/hot dogs/mac and cheese/fish nuggets at the kid set up, but anyone can partake, mussels, clams, and peel and eat shrimp plus a baked fish (both times I have gone it was salmon), plus loads of sides incl rice and potatoes, bread, veggies, salads and the dessert bar was FAB! My DS 5 thought it was awesome and ate a LOT! I wouldn't hesitate to go back and I recommend it heartily.

Hi,
Our group of 12 including 6 teenagers ate there last week and everyone enjoyed it very much. The offerings were still the same as described above. I think their salad bar is one of the best on property.

Cathy K.

Thanks for the replies! We will give this a go in May - just made ps's today. My 12 & 13 year olds like clams, beef & ribs so they will be okay (though they may not be thrilled with clams marinated in tarragon butter.....). My 6 year old only eats chicken tenders so as long as they have some on the kids' buffet, he'll be all set. Thanks again!

We ate there just after christmas for the first time and we loved it. Good food and nice surroundings. Thought the buffet very good and they kept if full.

One thing they do that is minor --but watch out for ...
Near the ribs are two separate sauce containers -- one in front of the other.
One sauce is brown gravy. One is BBQ sauce. And under those red tint lights it can be hard to tell without really studying the color.
The labels when we were there were not listed as you thought they should be.
Just a heads up to look to make sure the sauce you ladle is the one you want. ;)

This is one of our favorite places to eat! The mashed potatoes and marinated chicken are really good. Even my DD who is 3 and very picky eats alot when we go there.

I do believe that you can get your clams without the flavoring (just plain steamed) and you can get the shrimp hot or cold. This is a must do restaurant every time we go to WDW.

we had dinner here on NYE this past year and it was a big hit w/ everyone in our party from my almost 2 year old son to my 65 year old father! My kids both ate better here than at any other restaurant on property. As a matter of fact, my almost 2 year old ate so much that our server kept joking that if Disney management saw him eat that they would change their "kids under 3 eat free" policy for buffets! Every one of us was pleased with everything we got off of the buffet. :) Have an oreo bon-bon for me while you are there! ;)

Always on our must-do list, we consider it one of the best buffets on the property. Make sure you save room for dessert the Oreo Bon Bons and cheesecake are top notch. Can't wait to go back, it was the first PS I made for my up coming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter