Any regrets on solo trip?

kokomos

DIS Veteran
Thinking about a solo trip in early February to maximize my AP. Probably a dumb question but Has anyone ever taken a solo trip and regretted it?

Taking my forth solo trip in early February - 7 days. First solo trip was 10. Loved every day! No regrets at all. In fact now when I go with others I long for my solo days...

First solo trip was 10 day/9 nights and enjoyed it so much I booked a second solo the first weekend of Feb to maximize my AP like yourself. I will say regretting a solo trip can come down to personality type. If you're fairly independent (like me) you could easily do 10+ days and leave wanting more. If you generally like to share experiences with people you could find a solo trip challenging.

I have never regretted a solo trip! I have been twice this year with different girlfriends and have gone with friends and made many trips with family and my precious granddaughter. I love those trips but boy do I treasure my solo trips / from 4 days to as long as 9 days. I leave in 3 weeks for an 8 day solo Christmas trip and a good friend asked to come along and I said no. Husband offered to go with me if I didn’t want to go alone and I said no. I am so so looking forward to it. From the book I plan to read to the people watching, the Christmas party, the Epcot Christmas storytellers, shopping. Just the sweet sweet time alone...but that is me. Do you like time alone? That is the key...

I leave in 3 weeks for an 8 day solo Christmas trip and a good friend asked to come along and I said no.
Just happened to me. A good friend with whom I have gone to Disney several times just told me he's free during my Feb. trip.

I thought about it - we get along great, we enjoy having a cigar, he makes a great Martini - but then decided to keep this one solo. I just did one in Sept...

Last edited:
Ten day solo trip coming up! I booked it solo, then my mom wanted me to bring my dad... who I love and he loves disney, so I said yes. Then it turned out he can’t come. I said that’s too bad, and I am sad that he can’t come because I know he’d love to... but on the somewhat selfish side of things, I’m also happy for my solo time back :D

I did a solo trip in 2015, it was 4 days/3 nights. By the middle of day 3 I was feeling a little lonely. I've booked a solo trip for this January, and I'm getting a bit nervous that I'll get lonely again.

I spent 5 days this September on my first solo trip and I LOVED every minute. We don't have kids and my husband has paid his Disney dues over the years, but I am always the tour guide when I go with anyone. It's not something I mind doing, but this unexpected freedom was amazing. Yes, my people weren't there to share things with, no one cared what I did or how I spent my time. Interestingly, the young people at Fuel in the Dolphin were so friendly, I told THEM about my day.

The reality for me is that Disney will always be better with my family and friends. It is also true, however, that you are as alone as you want to be. No one thinks it's weird that you're the only one in your party for rides or meals; quite literally, no one notices. I proudly wore the First Trip button to which I'd added "Solo." People commented, asked what being on my own felt like, and my answer, without hesitation, was always "Wonderful."

To anyone contemplating a solo trip, I say try. Doing so works or not, and neither choice is bad because you're still in Disney World.

I'm currently on a solo trip, I haven't been since...oh 1990 when I was a youngling. I've enjoyed it quite a bit. You can slip through the crowds on rope drop and get to the best rides if you don't have FPs, you can order food with the app and bypass lines of people still ordering, you can hit everything you want hit without worrying about anyone else. It's been great.

My only regret is that for the amount of money I spent on an AP and 3 trips, I could have had one hell of an international vacation. However, my work situation was a bit unpredictable last year and ended up working out perfectly with my Disney plans. I don't know that I could have made a trip overseas work, so in the end everything worked out the way it was supposed to.

Never and sometimes I wish I could do more. I always meet a few people or new friends along the way. Your truly never really alone at Disney.

Ten day solo trip coming up! I booked it solo, then my mom wanted me to bring my dad... who I love and he loves disney, so I said yes. Then it turned out he can’t come. I said that’s too bad, and I am sad that he can’t come because I know he’d love to... but on the somewhat selfish side of things, I’m also happy for my solo time back :D
What she said. Selfish things or side. Think about it, you can do whatever you want. Eat, rides, sleep in or not. When can you do that during the time your working??? Ask yourself that.

I absolutely LOVE traveling on the cruises alone. that’s what makes them so relaxing, do what you want, go where you want. if you ever feel like talking to someone there’s always someone there for conversation. I just booked a trip with my brothers family and am actually wishing I was going alone

Thank you. I’m looking at 4 night stay which gives me 3.5 days in the park

I can see this. I have usually done short solo trips, and while I wouldn't say I regret it, I could tell that if I were there longer I'd probably be feeling ready to go, moreso than if I was with others. For me 2 or 3 days is the max for a solo trip, but you can get so much done that it feels longer. I have always felt satisfied after a short solo trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!