Any reservations about sailing in September

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello all....we are booked on a 3 day cruise leaving on September 11th....how are the sea's at that time...I know it is hurricane season and you take your chances...but anyone who has sailed at that time....is it a rough go or is it OK.....
Thanks all....
Tom

Hi Tom. It would seem to me there is a greater LIKELIHOOD of experiencing rough seas but no guarantee one way or the other. My recommendation is to find something you have control over to worry about - like world peace or increasing highway littering...

Enjoy your cruiseS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family and I have sailed 2X in Sept and loved it! However, we were diverted due to hurricaine Lili and did not go to the Western ports as planned last year. The 7 day cruise has more options in the event of bad weather.The Wonder has less options due to the shorter trips. The Wonder came to Charleston, S.C. (my home town!) due to a hurricaine. If the ports are important to you, it is something to think about. DCL will keep you safe, first and formost.

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Hi Tom. It would seem to me there is a greater LIKELIHOOD of experiencing rough seas but no guarantee one way or the other. My recommendation is to find something you have control over to worry about - like world peace or increasing highway littering...

Enjoy your cruiseS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or no shrimp!

Rae

That is something we would not stand for...no shrimp....truthfully, the ports are not important to us on the 3 day Wonder...would be happy just sailing around in circles and being treated like royalty......thanks....
Tom

Originally posted by TChrist05
That is something we would not stand for...no shrimp....truthfully, the ports are not important to us on the 3 day Wonder...would be happy just sailing around in circles and being treated like royalty......thanks....
Tom

Tom, that's because we are New Yorkers!!!

We expect the unexpected but demand our shrimp.
Actually, a cold brewsky and a hot pastrami on rye with a big Kosher dill would be tasty right now!

Rae

My brother cruised in September once (NOT DCL).

What a deal he got!

Got chased around carribean by hurricane. Ended up with Port call in Venezuela. Had a horrible time (though admittedly, he does not deal with spontaneous change well).

Not such a good deal.

You pays your money, you takes your chances.

Rieann- he's Irish! He should be used to spontaneous changes!
I thought we were all born with that gene?!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter