Any rumors about a 5th park?

rmaiers

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Just curious if anybody has info on a 5th theme park or other attractions coming to the WDW Campus...

I'm not trying to start rumors, just looking to see if anything is coming in the near future...

I have a close friend at Dis Res Center who has told me that they will be building a new park to open in 08 or 09. She said they will try to locate it close to AS and CSR. It will be a Rides park similar to Cal Adv and built to compete with Islands of Adventure at Universal. She also said it was going to based on the Disney Villains and they planned on breaking World Records with coaster sizes and speeds.

Uhhhh.... Hate to be a newbe, but what do "AS" and "CSR" stand for?

To be honest - as opposed to building more - they should concentrate on making what they have better...there's alot of room for improvment and soso attractions...

I would like to see them make a new thrill ride park and then get the thrill rides out of the other parks and get back to the original Disney ride through rides that Walt loved.
I mean they won't actually remove anything in the parks now but keep all thrill things in the new park and start adding some new more World's faire, ala disney type attractions in the other parks.
there were a lot of classics they should not have taken out and should bring back/rebuild.

I agree with the idea of a 5th park. Seems they keep building more resorts, which brings more people and makes the parks more crowded. A fifth park would definitely help in the busy seasons.

To be honest - as opposed to building more - they should concentrate on making what they have better...there's alot of room for improvment and soso attractions...

:eek:
I think Disney does an excellent job with rehab of older attractions and bringing in new ones. A 5th park full of thrill rides would be terrific:tongue:

and built to compete with Islands of Adventure at Universal.
On the Travel Channel the other night one of the WDW brass said they would not do an all "thrill" park. She stated that was for others to do but not Disney.

I guess I can still dream a little dream. A Disney park based on the villains would be awesome. :crazy:

I would like to see them make a new thrill ride park and then get the thrill rides out of the other parks and get back to the original Disney ride through rides that Walt loved.
I like that there are a variety of attractions at each park; it would be boring to just have ride-throughs only. It would be great to have a new park, though, with a few more thrill rides as well as other types of attractions. There are more and more people on the planet all the time, and with WDW being the #1 vacation destination, they really need to keep up. It is just getting more crowded all the time.

"I would like to see them make a new thrill ride park and then get the thrill rides out of the other parks and get back to the original Disney ride through rides that Walt loved.
I mean they won't actually remove anything in the parks now but keep all thrill things in the new park and start adding some new more World's faire, ala disney type attractions in the other parks.
there were a lot of classics they should not have taken out and should bring back/rebuild."

DITTO

Originally posted by shady
I have a close friend at Dis Res Center who has told me that they will be building a new park to open in 08 or 09. She said they will try to locate it close to AS and CSR. It will be a Rides park similar to Cal Adv and built to compete with Islands of Adventure at Universal. She also said it was going to based on the Disney Villains and they planned on breaking World Records with coaster sizes and speeds.

Personally, I wouldn't trust any rumors from cast members from the Disney Reservations Centers, since for all we know, the cast member could be located in Tampa or Salt Lake City, for that matter. :)

If the source works in Imagineering or is an executive, I'd tend to rely more on the credibility by their job functions.

I know that might seem cynical, but I'd dealt with some CRO phone operators that knew far less than they ought to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter