Any Scrapbookers out there?

AngieWin

<font color=green>other than that it was all about
My older kids loved the character autographs when we were in WDW last time. What is the best way to get autographs that will work in a scrapbook? I don't want to buy an autograph book just to cut out the autographs later.

I heard about someone once , that took small sheets of white acid free paper and many colored pens. She had figured a layout , with background color to match each characters color. So she brought the corresponding pen colors for the character to use to sign the autograph on the white paper. She had the charater sign the white paper, with the perfect color pen, then used the same color backgound paper as a frame for the autograph and the picture of the character with her child.

WE hadn't planned this so just had the characters sign the autograph. But when we got home we scanned them into our computers, then manipulated the size of each to fit the space we needed and then printed them out.

Michael's sells 4 x 4 or 5 x 7 citrus colored cardstocks (100) for $4.99. When I say "citrus", they are the cartooney colors...very bright green or orange. I brought these with me when I went on our disney cruise. It worked out great. Of course you can't possibly use all 100 so any extras can be incorporated into your scrapbook page as the photo mat.

What I saw in WDW two years ago was that people had a small sentiments albums (creative memories) for the characters to sign. Then they might put the picture of the child and character on the opposite page. Then you could have ample room for stickers and journaling. By the way Creative Memories has a great snap pack (stickers, paper and idea book) for disney. I used it when we went to WDW. I was able to fill a whole sentiments album and then some. I hope this helps.

I found these great autograph books, but I'm making my own with a small spiral bound scrapbook (without page protectors). I found them at walmart for $4.00.
www.twopeasinabucket.com
Click on peanut gallery, click on search, type in soulsistas.
Look for their autograph albums. They sell them on ebay but I haven't seen any in a while. I'm going to cut out several tag shaped papers for the characters to sign on, then I will make the pages after.
Hope this helps. :)

This is the first time I have posted here, so please bear with me. Creative Memories sells a 7X7 album that is embossed with Mickey on the front. It is limited edition. When I was at WDW this Dec, I saw some kids get their autographs in this book while their parents took their picture with the character. That way they could scrap the photo with the autograph.
HTH!

I was trying to figure out how to get the signatures so they would be safe in my albums. I think the colored 4x4 paper is a great idea. You could even put a hole punch in them and keep them attached and nice with a ring binder.

For our last trip down, my older DD made a book for her sister to use. She took some of our scrapbook solid color card stock, cut it down to the size of the autograph books they sell at the parks (we have a few around the house!) attached them with staples, made a cover out of cardboard and covered it with contact paper (to make it hold up better). When we got home, we took the book apart, and put the signature with the picture of DD with the character. A couple of the princesses commented on the pretty book. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter