Any tips on managing park tickets for two parties that will not always be together?

NeutralNovice

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I had a few questions about Park Tickets and their use.

I am going with a main party of 3 and a "side" party of 2.

The side party won't be joining me for everything as they are getting hoppers and will hop to other parks on two of the three days they are with us.

I purchased all of the tickets and they are currently on my app.

From my understanding, they should be able to add their ticket to their MDE.

For when they park hop, will they need some sort of "special access" to control any rides they want to go on using G+? Like do I have to change permissions in the app somewhere to enable them to do that?

Will I still have the ability to book our G+ experiences together if I have to "separate" or give them their own management access?

Will they have any issues when hopping from one park to another on their own?

Any help would be appreciated!

Do you manage their profiles? Or did you assign the tickets to "Joe's" profile that is linked to your MDE but managed on Joe's MDE? If they have their own MDE accounts, the tickets should be linked to the profiles that they manage themselves. You may need to get Disney IT involved if you created profiles on your MDE and need to transfer the tickets to their own MDE because the theme parks reservations won't automatically transfer with the ticket.

Will everyone be using MagicBands? Or hard plastic tickets? Or were you planning to use your phone? The first or second option is probably best. They can ask for a hard plastic ticket to use so they don't need to access your MDE account. (Though, see above, if they have their own MDE accounts and the tickets are linked to their own profiles all is good -- they can use their own phones.)

You should still be able to book G+ together as long as your plans are linked in MDE.

Awesome, thank you.

I created their profiles on my MDE (my my Disney Experience, I know, LOL).

Looks like I might have to make a call to IT. My "side" party will be going on their own on a couple of the days when they hop and I'm worried they won't be able to book their own G+ without it being linked.

As for contactless media, we'll be using the physical plastic cards we received.

Looks like I might have to make a call to IT. My "side" party will be going on their own on a couple of the days when they hop and I'm worried they won't be able to book their own G+ without it being linked.
You will all need to be linked as "Friends and Family" in your respective MDE accounts. Once you do that, you should be able to transfer the tickets. The trick will be theme park reservations -- those don't transfer; if your dates are sold out (no theme park reservations left) you'll need to contact Disney. If there are still theme park reservations remaining, it may be simpler to just transfer the tickets and re-do the theme park reservations.

If you are all 'friends' in the app,make sure you all have permission to make plans,then anyone can make them thru the app,it should all be linked.

How do you give people permission to make plans?
there's a tab under friends and family, you can chooses to share all plans, at least in our case then anyone involved could make plans thru the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter