any vegetarians/vegans with DLP experience?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
so i've been going through the menus one by one (pretty tiring actually), which sort of works for the non-buffet restaurants, but not the buffets (where the menus just give a price, but not what's served).
For the buffets, i've been watching youtube videos in an attempt to see if anything is vegan or vegetarian.

So far, i'm not terribly impressed by any of the offerings except Agrabah which seems to be very similar to tusker house and boma in its food offerings - translation: very good for veggies/vegans

bistrot chex remy and captain jack's seem particularly bad for veggie/vegans.

the video i saw of dinner at inventions, didn't seem too promising either. Lots of food, but seems to be absolutely nothing for vegans.

So......any vegans or vegetarians who've already done all this work for me?

i'd really appreciate hearing your opinion!!

France in general is not good for vegetarian options so probably even less so for vegans.
Most buffets will have a plain pasta on offer with a tomato sauce on the side and Inventions often has a couple of potato options as well.
There is a large section in Inventions with different types of salads but although some might be suitable for vegetarians they wouldnt be for vegans - Im thinking of the stuffed vine leaves which are delicious but Im not sure if they had some feta cheese in them as well

You are right that Agrabah is the best restaurant with vegetarian options

thanks! in searching through the menus, i found one counter service that seems to have a veggie burger - Toad Hall....
slim pickings i guess....

Loloadelorean mentioned in her pre trippie that it was her first trip as a vegan (she went just before Christmas) - She hasnt been back to say how it went but Im sure she would be happy for you to contact her via PM.

She did mention they were eating at Remys as there was a Tofu casserole on the menu

We’ve not been since last summer but we have seen the options improve dramatically for vegetarians (partner is veggie not vegan) over the last couple of years. Pizza and pasta at Bella Notte and Colbel Haithis, veggie burger at Au chalet de Marionette, toad Hall and Cowboy cookout. She enjoyed the veggie choice at Fuentes del Oro. sandwich in Victoria’s was also ok. Outside the parks Earl of Sandwhich is a favourite as is Vapianos which we discovered in Sweden a few years ago. We don’t do much table service but she found more than enough to eat at the buffet in the Sequoia Lodge, choice was more limited in New York. agrabah was good but we were both put off by a fly swimming in the chocolate pudding!

We’ve not been since last summer but we have seen the options improve dramatically for vegetarians (partner is veggie not vegan) over the last couple of years. Pizza and pasta at Bella Notte and Colbel Haithis, veggie burger at Au chalet de Marionette, toad Hall and Cowboy cookout. She enjoyed the veggie choice at Fuentes del Oro. sandwich in Victoria’s was also ok. Outside the parks Earl of Sandwhich is a favourite as is Vapianos which we discovered in Sweden a few years ago. We don’t do much table service but she found more than enough to eat at the buffet in the Sequoia Lodge, choice was more limited in New York. agrabah was good but we were both put off by a fly swimming in the chocolate pudding!

thanks for all the information...yes, a fly in my pudding would definitely put me off!!! :) it's sometimes very hard to get over those experiences!!

Loloadelorean mentioned in her pre trippie that it was her first trip as a vegan (she went just before Christmas) - She hasnt been back to say how it went but Im sure she would be happy for you to contact her via PM.

She did mention they were eating at Remys as there was a Tofu casserole on the menu

thanks! i'll try contacting her :)

Annette's veggie burger is really great, they don't have the camembert salad any more (so only 1 option). I remember King Ludwig's having a veggie option (though I wasn't particularly impressed with that place). Earl of Sandwich is delicious, but maybe not so suitable for dinner. Don't forget Mickey D's (MacDonald's), they used to have mozzarella sticks, (side) salad and probably have a veggie burger now (since that has been re-introduced in many McD's). Plus I love the simple pizza menus from Bella Notte/Colonel Hahti's Pizza Outpost.

The table service options have always seemed quite bland to me, especially since they're so expensive! So no experience there.
The experience I have, is vegetarian, not vegan - I think a lot of the vegetarian options are cheese oriented... (except for Blue Lagoon/ don't know what it's called now, the place by Pirates of the Carribean - they simply list the fish options as vegetarian??)

When none of this works out for you, maybe the Carrefour supermarket (hypermarché, loads of choice) nearby can help. There are a few restaurants there also (don't know if they serve veggie food, only had sandwiches there).

Good luck, and bon appetit!

great to know the veggie burger is tasty...
a good veggie burger always works for us!! :)
disney world used to have more of them, now even at WDW there are only a few places left so you really have to know going in where they are..

thanks! i'll try contacting her :)
Hiya :D yes, January was my first trip as a vegan, but I've also been several times as a veggie before I turned vegan.

I feared the worst as a vegan but I was really pleasantly surprised by the effort that CMs went to and I had some lovely meals.
Firstly, massive shout out to the CMs at Sequoia Lodge - I had emailed in advance to tell them I was vegan and they made a point of ensuring I had soy milk at breakfast every day, and they also pointed out what i could have at breakfast. I had a lot of yummy beans and potatoes from the hot buffet, as well as cereal and fruit with soy milk.

I've posted elsewhere my list of vegan and veggie restaurant tips - I'll try to find it again and copy it here, but from this first trip as a vegan here are my quick reviews:
Agrabah, as you've already figured out, is paradise and a must-visit
Both the salad and tofu casserole at Chez Remy were easily made vegan and were very tasty
Captain Jack's was my favourite meal of the trip - the plantain curry was something different to the rest of the park, and I loved it
Inventions was a really good experience - when I told the CM I was vegan, she brought a manager over who gave me a tour of the buffet, going into lots of detail about what I could and couldn't have. He got a chef out from behind the counter to take an order for made-from-scratch custom pasta, then brought it over to me himself. I was super impressed!

I always used to love Annette's but won't go back after my bad vegan experience - I asked for the mushroom burger to be made vegan and it was so bland and rubbish without the bun or sauces. Service was bad too. I asked if instead of the ice cream included in the set menu I could get some fruit or a soy milkshake (we had half board vouchers) but they refused point blank to deviate from the menu.

Everywhere else I was able to get fruit for dessert, and I took alpro chocolate puddings in my bag to have with the fruit!

In terms of snacks, I enjoyed popcorn and candy apples, and I also took a lot of my own snacks with me. Disney coffee outlets don't stock non-dairy milk as standard but a wide range of options are available at Starbucks.

If any of your party are veggie rather than vegan, you'll find it even easier.

Hope this is helpful, happy to answer any questions!

Hiya :D yes, January was my first trip as a vegan, but I've also been several times as a veggie before I turned vegan.

I feared the worst as a vegan but I was really pleasantly surprised by the effort that CMs went to and I had some lovely meals.
Firstly, massive shout out to the CMs at Sequoia Lodge - I had emailed in advance to tell them I was vegan and they made a point of ensuring I had soy milk at breakfast every day, and they also pointed out what i could have at breakfast. I had a lot of yummy beans and potatoes from the hot buffet, as well as cereal and fruit with soy milk.

I've posted elsewhere my list of vegan and veggie restaurant tips - I'll try to find it again and copy it here, but from this first trip as a vegan here are my quick reviews:
Agrabah, as you've already figured out, is paradise and a must-visit
Both the salad and tofu casserole at Chez Remy were easily made vegan and were very tasty
Captain Jack's was my favourite meal of the trip - the plantain curry was something different to the rest of the park, and I loved it
Inventions was a really good experience - when I told the CM I was vegan, she brought a manager over who gave me a tour of the buffet, going into lots of detail about what I could and couldn't have. He got a chef out from behind the counter to take an order for made-from-scratch custom pasta, then brought it over to me himself. I was super impressed!

I always used to love Annette's but won't go back after my bad vegan experience - I asked for the mushroom burger to be made vegan and it was so bland and rubbish without the bun or sauces. Service was bad too. I asked if instead of the ice cream included in the set menu I could get some fruit or a soy milkshake (we had half board vouchers) but they refused point blank to deviate from the menu.

Everywhere else I was able to get fruit for dessert, and I took alpro chocolate puddings in my bag to have with the fruit!

In terms of snacks, I enjoyed popcorn and candy apples, and I also took a lot of my own snacks with me. Disney coffee outlets don't stock non-dairy milk as standard but a wide range of options are available at Starbucks.

If any of your party are veggie rather than vegan, you'll find it even easier.

Hope this is helpful, happy to answer any questions!

thanks for taking the time to share your experience!!!
i didn't think about contacting the hotel in advance..that's a great idea..
we'll be in the compass club at the newport bay...
so i guess i could contact the CMs there as well...

thanks for all the info!!! very very helpful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!