Anybody know how much the toll booths are?

ruthies12

DIS Veteran
We're going to be coming from I-75 going to the Fort in our RV and it looks like google has us going on the Florida Turnpike to FL-429 to Winter Garden Vineland Road which it says are all toll roads. Trying to figure out how much money to set aside so we get through quickly when we pull up to the booths- do I need dollar bills, quarters....? I've done this route before but it was a couple years ago and I can't remember.

Also going to be driving our jeep from Fort to Universal Studios on two days and I think there are tolls on that route too. Anyone know if there are and how much it is each way?

TIA!

EZpass transponder from NY/NJ now works on the roads we use around Orlando. I think since Nov '18.

"If you drive to Florida in your own car and use toll roads that are out of the E-ZPass network, you may receive a Toll-By-Plate invoice from other Florida toll agencies if you do not have a Florida-accepted prepaid toll transponder. E-PASS now offers E-PASS Xtra which combines the functionality of E-ZPass and E-PASS and is accepted in 18 states including throughout Florida. "

I wish our EZ Pass worked in Florida:
Current E-ZPass States: Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia.

EZpass transponder from NY/NJ now works on the roads we use around Orlando. I think since Nov '18.

"If you drive to Florida in your own car and use toll roads that are out of the E-ZPass network, you may receive a Toll-By-Plate invoice from other Florida toll agencies if you do not have a Florida-accepted prepaid toll transponder. E-PASS now offers E-PASS Xtra which combines the functionality of E-ZPass and E-PASS and is accepted in 18 states including throughout Florida. "
I wish our EZ Pass worked in Florida:
Current E-ZPass States: Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia.
I'm confused.
It either works in Florida or it doesn't.

Also going to be driving our jeep from Fort to Universal Studios on two days and I think there are tolls on that route too. Anyone know if there are and how much it is each way?

There are no tolls on the way from the Fort to Universal, Seaworld or Aquatica.

I'm confused.
It either works in Florida or it doesn't.

The confusion is because there are two toll road authorities in the Orlando area. So it depends on specifically which one you're speaking of.

The Florida Turnpike commission accepts the SunPass transponders (which I use) as do many other toll road agencies in Florida. It is widely accepted in the Sunshine State.

In the greater Orlando area, the Central Florida Expressway Agency operates all the other toll roads (such as Hwy 429 which we use off the Turnpike to get to WDW coming onto the property near Coronado Springs). It also operates the toll roads to the Orlando Airport, over to Port Canaveral, and those across the north end of Orlando. Its transponder program goes by the name EZ Pass or something like that. CFEA accepts Sunpass in the Orlando area (of course the rates charged to one transponder may be different (or preferential) to one versus the other transponder but that's fine. I got bigger fish to fry.

Other toll road authorities may have reciprocal agreements with CFEA (birds of a feather). SunPass has reciprocal agreements with GA and NC toll authorities.

When we come down the I75 corridor to WDW we use our SunPass to roll through the Turnpike toll both we pass through and the CFEA high speed overhead toll booth on Hwy 429. Rinse/repeat going home. Those coming down the I95 corridor and into WDW via I4 have no tolls. Universal Studios is along this route.

You can stop and pay a cash toll at the Orlando area toll booths on the way to WDW. So it's not a biggie - but for us being out-of-state and having a small stash of cash on the SunPass helps us feel like locals and keep moving at the toll booths.

Bama Ed

We live in Vt. and have both, ez pass and sunpass. When CFEA started accepting ez pass, I got double billed, nothing major, I think 4.50 for taking the 528 over to Cocoa. Now once I get past D.C. I take the Ezpass out of the window and put in the rfid bag and roll through Orlando with the sunpass, not having to worry about which roads take which transponders.

The confusion is because there are two toll road authorities in the Orlando area. So it depends on specifically which one you're speaking of.

The Florida Turnpike commission accepts the SunPass transponders (which I use) as do many other toll road agencies in Florida. It is widely accepted in the Sunshine State.

In the greater Orlando area, the Central Florida Expressway Agency operates all the other toll roads (such as Hwy 429 which we use off the Turnpike to get to WDW coming onto the property near Coronado Springs). It also operates the toll roads to the Orlando Airport, over to Port Canaveral, and those across the north end of Orlando. Its transponder program goes by the name EZ Pass or something like that. CFEA accepts Sunpass in the Orlando area (of course the rates charged to one transponder may be different (or preferential) to one versus the other transponder but that's fine. I got bigger fish to fry.

Other toll road authorities may have reciprocal agreements with CFEA (birds of a feather). SunPass has reciprocal agreements with GA and NC toll authorities.

When we come down the I75 corridor to WDW we use our SunPass to roll through the Turnpike toll both we pass through and the CFEA high speed overhead toll booth on Hwy 429. Rinse/repeat going home. Those coming down the I95 corridor and into WDW via I4 have no tolls. Universal Studios is along this route.

You can stop and pay a cash toll at the Orlando area toll booths on the way to WDW. So it's not a biggie - but for us being out-of-state and having a small stash of cash on the SunPass helps us feel like locals and keep moving at the toll booths.

Bama Ed
As an out of towner, how would i know the difference?
I was hoping i could get the EZ pass as i use the Ohio Turnpike a couple times a year.

I keep my EZPass active for the possible trip to DC, MD, or VA (which I hope never happens again). I have had Sunpass for approx. 5 years now. I bought it several years before we moved here for good and we used it enough to make it worthwhile. I was actually under the impression that there were several versions of EZPass and they all didn't play well together. That could have changed but I also thought there were some reciprocal agreements with SunPass, PeachPass, EZPass, etc. that failed to materialize. I'd also like to know if anyone has good info.

I was actually under the impression that there were several versions of EZPass and they all didn't play well together. That could have changed but I also thought there were some reciprocal agreements with SunPass, PeachPass, EZPass, etc. that failed to materialize. I'd also like to know if anyone has good info.

All I know, Stratman50th, is that SunPass shows "Interoperability" with GA and NC on their website.

Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 11.26.06 AM.png

Bama Ed

All I know, Stratman50th, is that SunPass shows "Interoperability" with GA and NC on their website.

View attachment 472069

Bama Ed
Thanks Ed!
For the Sun pass folks who tow a car. Just my humble opinion. We bought the removable unit with suction cups. When we tow the car it's obviously on the windshield of the coach. It's done a good job so far with counting axles. I put it in the toad when the coach is parked. My wife has the windshield permanent mount in her car.

Thanks Ed!
For the Sun pass folks who tow a car. Just my humble opinion. We bought the removable unit with suction cups. When we tow the car it's obviously on the windshield of the coach. It's done a good job so far with counting axles. I put it in the toad when the coach is parked. My wife has the windshield permanent mount in her car.

We do the same... We have the permanent sticker transponder in our vehicles and the suction cup mounted one in the MoHo. We can't tow either of our vehicles and use the portable one for the rental cars.

We have the Georgia pass that lets us get in the express lanes in Atlanta (not while pulling the RV though, which sucks). When we went to FW, honey had to get on the phone with the Fl. sunpass folks to add something so the RV could go through the sunpass lanes, it didn't cost any more but it took a different sticker thing. It was nice to not to go through toll booths. When I drive down in the car, I just go through the booths. I think it was a total of around $9 for both ways, I keep a bag in my console of my car filled with change for toll booths and vending machines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter