Anybody want to join me for the Minnie Marathon

I am definitely doing it, and several others are planning to do it, too. I think I saw LisaLovesPooh and Chimera were planning on it. We've talked a bit about it on the Marathon thread and the Disneyland Marathon thread. I've done a clippie if you are interested...

MinnieMarathonClippiecopy.gif

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/crzy4pooh/MinnieMarathonClippiecopy.gif[/IMG}

I would love to join in a training thread! I can't wait to be in an inaugural race!!! :teeth:

Great - I had done a search and it didn't come up than when I contacted Karenbear she didn't know about it, so I thought I would start a thread, Would love to meet dome DISers and do this!

I plan on doing a half-marathon training program for it. Unsure of my plans surrounding the weekend. It is contingent on $$$ as always :).

I know Woman Rule The World (the theme of the race if anyone thinks I am just being plan old snooty :rotfl: ) but does anyone know why we have to rule it quicker....a 15 minute mile instead of 16 like they have in January

I'm doing the race but it's just going to be a quick trip flying down on Friday afternoon and then back north again on Sunday afternoon. I can't resist doing an innaugral race with such a great name and my birthday's that weekend too so I'm going to do it even though the timing could be better.

I want to do it too!! I've been needing an excuse to get back to running. Was registered for the half-marathon this year but decided not to do it a few months before. I sort of chickened out. But I can do the 15K I think!! Now, to start getting back into shape..... Thanks for posting about this. I love the Minnie clippie! Good job!

I wanted to do this event also, until I saw the date. I work a local race and its the same weekend. My race director would shoot me if I told him I wanted off race weekend. :rolleyes:

Terri

I am so hoping I can come down for this event!! I would love a innaugural race shirt that said Women run the World :)

I'm working on making it a girls weekend since DS will still be in school. Hoping to get Mom to meet me there (she's doing the 1/2 with me & also wants to do this event) and trying to get my bestfriend into it. Mom doesnt live near me so I want a travel partner & it would be a blast.

Since it's the weekend b4 Mother's Day I told DH that could be my Mother's Day present. He said uh-anniversary present! (also in May & apparently its too big to be just Mother's Day present)

I will probably also be doing the MFM 1/2 program.

I told DH all this fitness stuff I'm getting into-even including several trips to WDW is much cheaper than gastric bypass surgery :teeth: I told him I was saving him tens of thousands of dollars by getting healthy & not turning into a big couch blob (which is the direction I was heading)

how fun and I LOVE your minnie clippie!!!

i was i lived closer............................i'll be with you in spirit!!

I will be interested in following everyone as they prepare. I do not think I will be able to attend. Happy training everyone!

This sounds great! I did the 1/2 marathon in 2005 and was unable to register for the 2006 event. I am starting over on my weightloss after having a baby and this would really help get me motivated. I will check it out!
Thanks!!!

Was too hard for me to resist, so I'm in! All neatly registered and booked at BCV for the weekend ::MinnieMo

I also thought it was interesting that they wanted a faster pace for Minnie than the half/full.

I'm going to use the MFM half plan that Lisa mentioned. I'm doing the walk/run the half for the half in Jan, but hoping I can train up to the R/W the half for Minnie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter