Anyone afraid to buy DVC because of the cutbacks?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
We havent signed yet. Yes I realize there are other places to vacation but will the DVC be cut in any way, shape or form?

hi: the only limitation i can forsee is the pool hopping privilege being restricted even more other than the normal blackout times.

That being said, I don't forsee any changes to what we are given as members, as that is directed by dues.

Furthermore, I would suspect this is almost a plus for doing DVC as we're all going to be around to ride out the changes, as I'm sure many of the WDW-wide cutbacks will be reinstated after things change back... I suspect that's somewhat circular logic, but...

Nick

I don't have any problem with the cost containment actions. The actions insure the long term health of Disney and our investment in our DVC. We also just purchased additional Disney shares.
We will purchase points at BCV.
ralphd:)

DVC should be cut proof unless they cut our dues. No reason DVC members should sweat DVC cutbacks. Some programs that are pitched to DVC members may be shelved temporarily due to less attendance.

after things change back...

Things may never change back.....

Some reduced services are probably inevitable given our times. I think a reduction in some amenities is preferable to huge increases in our dues. I hope pool hoping isn't one of the losses, it is hard to understand how this would be a big cost saver especially in times of reduce demand. It would seem prudent to make some overatures like keeping pool hoping especially when there are not much cost associated with them to the most loyal Disney patrons, DVC members.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I am too optomistic to assume things may never change back. If we let terrorists rule our actions, then they may not change. I for one am not about to let that happen. I have not altered my life decisions greatly by the actions of these terrorist, and I don't plan to in the future. Fear is their major weapon. I refuse to submit to it. I think my DVC has always been and will always be a great investment for my vacation plans.

All businesses have their ups and downs for various reasons. If you look back to the late 70's - early 80's Disney was not in favor as a business then. Things did turn around and there was a huge growth and diversification surge after that. Think of all the things that have been developed by the Disney Co. since the mid-80's, including the DVC.

I remain optimistic for the long term and don't regret either my purchase of DVC points or Disney stock. Cutbacks now can hurt but if they will preserve the financial health of the Company as a whole, it's fine with me. That's not to say I don't feel bad for CM's who lose their jobs (I do feel badly) or disappointed at what some people might miss on their vacations but sometimes tough decisions must be made. I'm just glad I don't work in their front office.

As a DVC Member who gets to go often, a few missed EE mornings, E-nights, etc. this year won't bother me.

What you have been hearing are cuts at WDW apparently due to recent events that put a hold on a lot of people going to WDW. Noteworthy, is that we have heard of no "DVC" cuts; you are just impacted by other cuts at WDW parks and hopefully most are temporary. In other words, your decision should not be impacted by any concept of potential cuts in DVC. The issue is whether you believe WDW in general has been permanently or only temporarily set back. My guess it is temporary, although "temporary" can be a short time (4 or 5 months) or extended time (a year or more) depending on how well and quickly people get back to doing travel to places like WDW.

Just a quick thought about the pool hopping privelege--perhaps with lower crowds there will be FEWER blackout dates! Or perhaps I'm just trying to look on the bright side.
Robin M.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter