Anyone care to offer a suggestion?

babalou

Earning My Ears
I would send this one to the Unplugged team, but I need to decide what to do this week, so I thought I'd try posting on the board...

Here's the story: I'll be in Orlando for business this week, and my Friday meetings got canceled. I'm staying off property, with no rental car and my flight leaves MCO at 6pm. How would you spend your day?

I'd love to head MK, but I'm not sure of the logistics. The hotel offers shuttle service to the parks, but I need to check out that morning - what to do with my bags? (can you squeeze a small suitcase into the lockers there?) And is it even worth it if I have to leave by 3:15 to get back to the airport?

I could always just have the hotel hold my bags and hang out at the pool, but I feel like it's a waste being that close to Disney and not checking it out.

Any advice is appreciated!

I would make this a laid back day. Sleep in a little later. Then take a hotel shuttle to DTD. Have lunch there. Walk from Marketplace to West Side. Check out the shops. Want to walk a little more? You can walk over to Saratoga Springs. Saratoga Springs offers great massages in their spa (they're a little pricey but are wonderful). You could even take in a movie at AMC. DW and I go to DTD often when we have only a few spare hours.

Of course, if you have an AP, then the parks are certainly an option, even if for just a few hours. We have APs and do that often but I wouldn't want to buy a 1 day ticket just for a few hours.

Armand

Yeah, kinda figured that it would be hard to justify. Thanks for providing some voices of reason. DTD sounds like it may be the best option.

Appreciate the responses.

They also mentioned recently that large luggage lockers are available to rent at the Ticket/Transportation Center (and I believe Downtown Disney too).

You could also just resort hop for a few hours and check out the properties if there's any you might be interested in staying at during a future trip.

I know DTD sounds like the best option and that's probably what most people would do, but here's another option for you. I don't know how often you get to go down to WDW, but if its not that often, you could also Hotel Hop.

Here's what I would do to get the most out of your day.

Make your way over to DTW, take a bus to Boardwalk (You can also start from HS and take the Boat from there), from here you can hit either walking or by boat, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Swan and Dolphin. From here, take a bus over to MK, as I don't think they'll let you get to the front of EPCOT to take the Monorail. From MK take the Monorail to all the resorts and you can cap off by taking the boat from MK or Contemporay over to the Wilderness Lodge.

By doing this you've not only seen All but one Deluxe Resort but also opened up your options on where you want to have lunch on your last day.

I know it may seem like a hassle, but trust me, it's worth it.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter