Anyone dealing with a curfew tonight?

City of Tampa is 7:30 pm to 6am. It was announced around 5pm yesterday. At about 5:30 the mayor explained that she would really like everyone to stay home but if you absolutely must go to a pharmacy or grocery store, that’s fine. Traveling to or from work was also fine. Today I found the official order. There’s a very short list of businesses allowed to operate between 7:30-6:00 and grocery stores and pharmacies, the only two businesses she even mentioned as being exempt in the facebook live meeting, are not on the list.

We’re not even supposed to walk our dogs off our property. It’s too dang hot to walk before 8:30. Plus the residents of the actual city mostly are in apartments and high rises...they don’t really have any property on which to walk their dog.

I work at a wholesale club. Because we aren’t exempted from this order, our overnight crew who restocks the store will be breaking curfew, as will I when I take my dog out and drive to work in the morning before curfew ends. I get the need for curfew here; protests have been peaceful but other groups of people have looted and vandalized. I don’t understand why passage to and from work at grocery stores and pharmacies isn’t included for us. These places need time to get ready for the customers. Under covid-19 orders we were essential...

We don't have an official curfew but almost every major business in our area was already closed by 6pm.

There was one in a city in the metro for various but specific places from Sunday 8pm til 6am this morning. No curfew today for those areas. The main area (an outdoor shopping area) that had the protesting (which were quite ugly IMO over the weekend) was closed at 5pm Saturday, closed yesterday and has opted to stay closed today and now reopening is said to be announced via their website and through local news so it.

Anyone dealing with a curfew tonight?

Sort of. Anaheim (home of DL) has a curfew tonight at 6:00pm to 5:30 am.

On the other hand, we're not going out much at all in the last 3 months anyway, except grocery shopping every 2 weeks.

No curfew here but surrounding cities have them. It doesn't matter because I've imposed my own curfew.

No curfew where I live. That's the nice thing about living in "Melboring" (as my daughters called it). It's really Melbourne FL. I have a daughter who lives in a suburb of Milwaukee and she texted me at 11:00 pm last night and told me there were guns going off, helicopters overhead, and sirens. Police told them to stay in and not walk their dogs. I have another daughter in Orlando and she was concerned because her 17-year son didn't get off of work until 9:40 and the curfew there is at 10 pm. I told them both to stay safe and stay home!! Worried mom here!!

We are on the westside of Cleveland, just a few miles outside of the curfew zone. It's a little different because it's not just a nighttime curfew but a daytime one and downtown and other neighborhoods close to downtown are completely blocked off. Normally it wouldn't have been an issue but one of my kids had a doctors appointment in uptown. It isn't part of the curfew zone but we couldn't get there our usual way due to roads being blocked and the freeway being backed up. A trip that usually takes 20 minutes took and hour. My adult son wasn't comfortable going alone due to the police and national guard presence and the unrest. It was unreal seeing it all. We are a little too close for comfort.

At the risk of taking this thread off the rails, what does the race breakdown of your area have to do with anything? You do realize that they are plenty of whites (I'd even go as far as saying majority) who are the ones doing the rioting and looting, right?

I won't say that I'd totally discount race, but it's really kind of a non-sequitur really as long as there's transportation. Whoever wants to cause damage or just find an excuse to steal stuff can get from place to place. I mentioned Walnut Creek, which is normally considered a very safe suburb, but lots of high end shopping. The shopping areas have been targeted. I don't have a breakdown on the suspects based on race, but at the very least it's indicating that no place is necessarily "safe".

No actual curfew, but there is a protest at the town where I do my shopping. Most of the stores closed between 5 and 6 this evening. I got all my shopping done by 5:30. It is surreal seeing my local Target fortifying itself just in case.

I work at a wholesale club. Because we aren’t exempted from this order, our overnight crew who restocks the store will be breaking curfew, as will I when I take my dog out and drive to work in the morning before curfew ends. I get the need for curfew here; protests have been peaceful but other groups of people have looted and vandalized. I don’t understand why passage to and from work at grocery stores and pharmacies isn’t included for us. These places need time to get ready for the customers. Under covid-19 orders we were essential...
Theoretically going to or from work should be OK. Of course one would need to worry about being stopped and explaining why someone believes they meet a curfew exception.

What exceptions are there?​
The curfew applies to all individuals within City of Tampa limits with the following exceptions:​

• Individuals participating in, going to, or returning from employment, including, but not limited to:
How that might work across city/county lines seems to vary by jurisdiction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter