Anyone dealing with a curfew tonight?

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
At least around here there have been several curfews set up. San Francisco has set an 8 PM to 5 AM curfew. Alameda County has the same time, but theirs goes across the entire county (including cities and unincorporated areas) and is for the rest of the week by order of the Sheriff, who is the Director of Emergency Services. This means nearly all businesses will close. Even boring suburbs have instituted curfews. They had quite a bit of looting last weekend in Walnut Creek at a high end shopping center.

I was thinking of going out to grab something to eat. We just went to Berkeley today and didn't see any broken windows, but who knows. There were reports of roving caravans of vehicles suspected of being driven around for places to loot.

6pm - Philly. Lots of protests happening and there were riots and looting over the last couple of days. I live in Jersey but I was in Philly yesterday and tried to get back to Jersey, but the bridge that I normally take was closed.

LA here so we've been dealing with them for the past few days. It was 5pm in my city today.

No. We live in a rural location that probably 90% Caucasian. While there have be peaceful protests in the capitol and other larger cities we're pretty well removed from it.

No curfew here. There's been protesting every night downtown but it's remained peaceful for the most part.

The thing that makes me wonder is that New York City, with all the problems they've had the last couple of days, doesn't start their curfew until 11 PM tonight. :confused3

I really have to wonder how they expect the police to regain control starting at 11 PM.

Yes, and our grocery stores closed earlier today along with Target. Closed yesterday too. Also closing exit ramps on interstate. Hoping we can replenish food soon

Yep.

Feel like I'm on lock down again. Maybe life will return to normal in 2021. Or maybe in 2021 we start having Judges like in Judge Dredd.

No. We live in a rural location that probably 90% Caucasian. While there have be peaceful protests in the capitol and other larger cities we're pretty well removed from it.
At the risk of taking this thread off the rails, what does the race breakdown of your area have to do with anything? You do realize that they are plenty of whites (I'd even go as far as saying majority) who are the ones doing the rioting and looting, right?

Not officially here. Our stores are all closing early though.

The city north of me has one from 8pm-5am for the week

Yes, the city of Milwaukee has a curfew again. Also several of its suburbs.
We were downtown Milwaukee today, moving my DDs belongings into her new apartment.

There was a small crowd outside the courthouse when we arrived around 2:45pm
There was a very large crowd marching down Kilbourn Avenue at 6:00pm when we left. We made it past just before our route would have been cut off.

It was peaceful, and I hope it stays that way....

We started last night and it currently runs for 72 hours. We have riots, vandalism and had a shooting death Saturday night. Today they announced no charges at this time so things are pretty tense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!