Anyone doing the 5k at MGM on March 19?

gshoemate

<font color=blue>Wants to Talk to the Dolphins!<br
It's to suppot the National Kidney Foundation and promoting organ donation. Just wondering if anyone is going to be in town and running/walking it?

I lost a nephew to crohn's disease and a liver transplant prolonged his life by a few years so this is going to be a touching race for me to do. I already have some Donate Life temp tatoos on the way and will be making my own shirt up. And it helps me train for the Minnie.

Anyone else?

Ginger, I'm thinking about it. Any idea of how strict they are on pacing requirements? I'm so painfully slow and I do not want to be swept, especially in a 5K! :scared1:

I dont know about this one, but my dad did the 5k marathon weekend. They were supposed to have a 15 min pace requirement. He didn't come in till almost 1 hr. He hurt his calfs at the beginning. Anyway-there didnt appear to be any sweepers & he wasnt the last one in. (close but not last)

perfectmatch300 said:
Ginger, I'm thinking about it. Any idea of how strict they are on pacing requirements? I'm so painfully slow and I do not want to be swept, especially in a 5K! :scared1:

Sounds like this one is going to be pretty strict. It's chip timed, the 5k during marathon weekend was not. I can jog/walk a mile in around 13:30 so I am going to have to try to step up my training. Let me know if you decided to do it.

Does anyone have a link or information they can pass along about this? I didn't realize the date, but we are actually going to be at WDW from March 17th-25th. Thanks in advance.

TammyNC said:
Does anyone have a link or information they can pass along about this? I didn't realize the date, but we are actually going to be at WDW from March 17th-25th. Thanks in advance.

Here's the link (if this works). ;)

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....ance2006NKFGiftofLifeEventInfoEventDetailPage

I wish we could go again this year - DH did it last year and had a great time (even though it was in the summer and during a tropical storm...) :lmao: DS and I were warm and dry in the hotel room, though. :teeth: Have fun!!!

I think I am going to do this one! I am doing a 10K that Sunday before, but I think I should be OK 6 days later.

Christy

Edited to add that right now I am wearing the shirt from this race last year--that must be a sign that I should sign up :teeth: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter