Anyone else feeling slighted????

I agree that DVC'ers should be offered options such as this. MS keeps saying they are looking into special offers for members but so far all that has been of interest to me is the great discount we are now being offered for the AP's. Unfortunately the ownership of an AP seems to rule out the availability of any good offers as they are usually tied into a package that includes room & admissions. Don't need a room when i'm using points & don't need admission with an AP. The current dining discounts are a joke.

karrit2000 said:
I agree that DVC'ers should be offered options such as this. MS keeps saying they are looking into special offers for members but so far all that has been of interest to me is the great discount we are now being offered for the AP's. Unfortunately the ownership of an AP seems to rule out the availability of any good offers as they are usually tied into a package that includes room & admissions. Don't need a room when i'm using points & don't need admission with an AP. The current dining discounts are a joke.

How is it a joke? For $50 you receive 20% off your entire ticket (alcohol included) for a party of 10. You have to eat at basically the same restaurants that you have available to you on the "dining package" currently being offered and the DDE does include counter meals at the hotels that don't have restaurants, so basically no matter where you are on property, there is somewhere that will accept this discount.

Its almost inpossible to compare apples to apples here pricewise, butat $90 a day for a family of 4 for the current MYW dining plan (which includes buying higher priced tickets when you take into account our AP discount) you would reach the "break even" point around the middle of 3rd day and the rest would put 20% back in your pocket and yet I don't think your eating habits are any different. Add to this the fact that this discount is good for a year (not simply for one stay) and I don't see the MYW dining being a better deal.

What am I not seeing?

fun2bmomof3 said:
What bothers me is that I could not get any ADR's for the restuarants I wanted when I wanted them. All the people eating out who normally wouldn't makes it hard to get a decent meal. True I did wait till 60 days out, but normally in September that is fine. In the past I've called that same morning and gotten an adr. Grrrr...
But isn't Disney ever so wise! They give these free dining packages and people who normally only do counter service or food courts go try the table service restuarants.

Just think of all the "availability " at the counter services now that the masses are sitting in your seats :rotfl2:

karrit2000 said:
(snip) The current dining discounts are a joke.

I don't consider 20% for up to a party of 10 including drinks to be a paltry amount! At the very least, it is your tip, so if you pay the original total on the bill, you automatically have the tip. We like the better restaurants and hardly ever eat at the counter service places, so the Dining package is nowhere near as good a deal as the DDE card is for us.

Didn't you also have to pay rack rate for your room? I guess I don't see where the bargain is. My friends and I usually eat a hearty breakfast and then eat an early dinner.

I agree with lllovell and Diane about the Dining Card. I've been to dinner with CM friends who would used the card over their discount since it covered alcohol. I was estastic when it opened up to AP holders. Heck I even appreciated the dining discounts that either my AP or my DVC card gave me and never thought they were a joke.

Cyn

dianeschlicht said:
I don't consider 20% for up to a party of 10 including drinks to be a paltry amount! At the very least, it is your tip, so if you pay the original total on the bill, you automatically have the tip. We like the better restaurants and hardly ever eat at the counter service places, so the Dining package is nowhere near as good a deal as the DDE card is for us.
It sure isn't paltry with MY party of ten!:drinking1 :dancer: :dancer: :drinking1

Hey, Thanks for all the great replies.................

.....I should have been more specific as the OP, but I am in agreement with the masses here...........Even if the dining package were offered to us, we would, more than likely, NOT take it, I'm more put off that its going to take a great deal of planning and effort to get ADR's that we would otherwise have gotten on 'short notice'............

Chuck S. said it perfectly, We as a family like to have the magic "just happen" and planning on sitting down to dinner '3 months in advance' is not the way we've ever done it........

Can you tell that it just 'irks' me.......???????
Thanks, again, for letting me rant.........I'm done......

:earseek: :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :earseek:

FWIW, except for the period of time that Disney is offering the free dining, I don't think we are going to have any more trouble getting PS/ADR times than we have in the past. I'm not worried about our early December trip.

Best wishes-

:wizard: Gluman!

Hopefully Carol is correct (and I don't see what she wouldn't be here) in that other than the "free dining" period, I don't see it being an issue.

We always end up waiting FOREVER if we try to do spur of the moment, so I am more of a planner because nothing like tired, hungry children! I am sure the trick is to eat at off times a bit more, but that is also hard when you are messing with food times for kids. Hubby and I can wait or eat early, but they tend to only eat at 7:30, noon and 6 kinda times.

CarolMN said:
FWIW, except for the period of time that Disney is offering the free dining, I don't think we are going to have any more trouble getting PS/ADR times than we have in the past. I'm not worried about our early December trip.

Best wishes-
I scheduled a last minute DVC trip for the end of September and at less than 60 days, called for my PSs and got everything I wanted -- including Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare. No troubles whatsoever! And this is in the time period for traveling with the free dining incentive.

You know I keep hearing about "crowds" and not being able to eat. I was at Disney for 24 hours last week. At about 2 I walked up to Rose and Crown and was seated immmediately... Think outside the box. Eat early or late.

As for feeling slighted... I don't get it? I bought DVC never expecting to also get the "package" deals. If the packages worked for you then DVC might not have been the best choice. I never found them that great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter