Anyone else getting virus pop ups in safari?

Anyone else getting these pop-ups on their Google pixel phone using Chrome by chance? I've been getting them the past 2 days. I've tried everything with my phone to clear it but it only happens on the disboards website.

Yes, Samsung S7 with Chrome. Only on disboards. It is highly irritating.

Yes it was happening to me non stop yesterday, but only on here, not any other websites. I cleared my history and cache and that seems to have worked, but very annoying.

They have been particularly bad in recent days, including pop ups with very loud audio. That was really awful while I was sitting in a very quiet doctor's waiting room. It's incredibly annoying. And only on the DIS. It almost make this site unusable on my phone.

This used to happen to me, but now I use an adblock app for my phone and I can browse sites without constant disruption. (and yes, this site's ads were one of the regular offenders as far as disruptive/hijacking ads)

This used to happen to me, but now I use an adblock app for my phone and I can browse sites without constant disruption. (and yes, this site's ads were one of the regular offenders as far as disruptive/hijacking ads)
I wish I could figure out an ad blocker for my phone. When I researched it before it seemed different from just add an ad blocker like on my desktop. I think I had to change browsers or something. It had died down so I stopped trying to figure it out. Might be time to take another look.

Came to report this as well. Most of the time, I do have an ad blocker running, but every now and then it goes AWOL. Tonight the site was completely unusable until I restarted my phone to get the blocker working.

Here is the garbage I'm getting and a Chrome message when it recognizes it.

Screenshot_20180423-002241_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20180423-002153_Chrome.jpg

For those on Android, AdGuard is great and if you're willing to shell out the money for a license, it even blocks ads in apps. As mentioned, it's having trouble since I got an S9 and flakes when I go from a mobile connection to my home wifi, but even so entirely worth it.

Came to report this as well. Most of the time, I do have an ad blocker running, but every now and then it goes AWOL. Tonight the site was completely unusable until I restarted my phone to get the blocker working.

Here is the garbage I'm getting and a Chrome message when it recognizes it.

View attachment 318561 View attachment 318562

For those on Android, AdGuard is great and if you're willing to shell out the money for a license, it even blocks ads in apps. As mentioned, it's having trouble since I got an S9 and flakes when I go from a mobile connection to my home wifi, but even so entirely worth it.
These are the exact pop ups that I'm getting too. The disboards has been unusable to me all weekend due to this. I will try the AdGuard and see if it helps!

I’m getting Happy Lucky pop up prize wheels constantly but only on the Dis. I can barely use this site. Anyone else experiencing this? I’ve cleared my history etc. Does anyone have any advice?

Yes me too. I wish a tech would give us some advice. I actually don’t visit disboards as much as I’d like to because of these pop ups. Add to the ads embedded into the threads makes the site annoying

I’m the OP from over a year ago. Yes, I’m getting them again! It’s extremely frustrating! Sometimes it opens a new tab that I can just close and sometimes it opens in the same tab and I can’t go back and have to close it out. And don’t even get me started on the embedded ads. I read mostly trip reports and the ads always look like a picture the person put in their tr.

I rarely go to Disboards on my phone but I was waiting for my DD to get an MMR vaccine and it took forever at CVS. I could not change the page without getting a prize survey and that never happened before on Safari on my phone. Only today and only on the Disboards.

I haven't been able to use Dis on my iPad for the past few days, because the redirect Lucky Winner stuff has been so bad. It happens on my Android phone, too, but is not quite as bad as the iPad. I can at least use the site for a few minutes on my phone before having to close the site...

The popups/redirects are only occurring when I'm on Disboards, so yes, they have major technical issues. I've had issues before with Dis but never this severe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts