Anyone else have a "found my perfect resort" moment?

krose4

Thanking the Phoenicians
Currently staying at POFQ, and the resort is lovely. Our room is wonderful, with all of our requests met, overlooking the river. It's peaceful, the weather is amazing, our room is by all accounts clean and well appointed. I would never not recommend someone stay here.

However...

Last night we went back to the Poly for a dinner just DH and I (without the friend group we travelled with) at 'Ohana. We took the resort launch from MK, and as we were pulling in I got "that feeling". We stayed there in August for our (belated) honeymoon, and as soon as I saw the resort every piece of me relaxed. I inhaled the air, I felt at peace, it just felt so perfect. My DH looks at me and just goes "do you want to see if they have any rooms here for the rest of our trip? You love it here, I can tell just looking at you that you love it here", and he was totally right. The Poly is my resort, the one that suits me best, that gives me that Disney magic, and I can't even place why (fwiw there was no availability so no resort change for me lol).

There's nothing wrong with POFQ, we're having a great time, but the Poly just feels like home. Anyone have this experience? What's your resort that just feels perfect to you.

I feel completely at home at AKL. I love the smell, sounds, the theme. I can sit in the lobby and people watch. I think its cause AKL was the first onsite resort we stayed at. I also enjoy the Poly I very drawn to most things Hawaiian. We honeymooned in Hawaii so it has a special place in my heart.

If it was just me, then I’d say BWI was my home. I absolutely love it there. My kids would be happy if we stayed at FW every trip. My ydd has said the FW cabins are where she is going to stay with her kids one day.

I absolutely agree about getting that “feeling” though. We have stayed at 7 different resorts, and none of the others ever felt the same as BW and FW.

Last edited:
I had those same feelings about the Poly. Walking thru those doors and into the beautiful lobby...seeing the castle in the distance, hearing the soft music play...my family agrees. Nothing compares to the Poly for us.

I wish I felt that way about a cheaper resort!

Yes, I had that feeling the moment I walked in at BWI. It's my home and I stay there every single time the budget lets us.
We can make 2 choices, go fewer times and stay at BWI every time or stay elsewhere every once in a while. We opt to go more often and stay elsewhere every once in a while. Our other resort is FQ.

Yes, I had that feeling the moment I walked in at BWI. It's my home and I stay there every single time the budget lets us.
We can make 2 choices, go fewer times and stay at BWI every time or stay elsewhere every once in a while. We opt to go more often and stay elsewhere every once in a while. Our other resort is FQ.
Same, for both BWI and FQ. If we stay at a mod, the FQ is the one.

I'll go one further and say that on our trip we just got back from we had our "found my perfect room" moment. Our second stay in the BWI garden cottages sealed the deal...my H actually said to me, "Let's never stay anywhere else." It's the perfect place for us for our adults-only trips, which will soon become the norm because our D is a junior in HS. I'm sure the budget will dictate that we can't always stay at our perfect room and/or resort...but at least now I know which discounts to stalk!

Same, for both BWI and FQ. If we stay at a mod, the FQ is the one.

I'll go one further and say that on our trip we just got back from we had our "found my perfect room" moment. Our second stay in the BWI garden cottages sealed the deal...my H actually said to me, "Let's never stay anywhere else." It's the perfect place for us for our adults-only trips, which will soon become the norm because our D is a junior in HS. I'm sure the budget will dictate that we can't always stay at our perfect room and/or resort...but at least now I know which discounts to stalk!
We do like the cottages too. We've stayed in them 3 times now I think it is. 3 or 4. They are quite peaceful.

I think it's funny that the BWI seems to be the popular place! It is for my family as well. We have stayed at all of the deluxe resorts with the exception of the Poly and the BWI just says vacation to us. For many years it was the GF CL but the prices just got to crazy high and are son was grown up so we switched to the BWI CL and it is our vacation home. The funny thing about the Poly is that I have booked a couple of stays there and for one reason or another we have ended up switching, so maybe it's just not meant to be.

We stayed at Polynesian last time instead of our usual Yacht/Beach because we wanted to try something different.

We missed the Epcot area SO MUCH. One day we walked over from World Showcase and as soon as we reached the resorts, I felt home and was sad we were staying at Polynesian. :)

Next trip we are trying Boardwalk Inn!

We just got back from POFQ. It was very nice, clean rooms, nice sized pool, liked the boat to Disney Springs. However, as soon as we were by MK and saw GF and Contemporary I felt like I was home. Those are the resorts we normally stay at and I said we will stay at those or an Epcot resort in the future. I decided I need to be closer to the parks. I like being able to see the castle and/or be within walking distance to a park. I am glad we tried POFQ and it worked for this adult only trip. But now I know what feels like “home” for future stays.

We took a long break from Disney because of struggling financially with finding the right jobs and starting a family, I call those 9 years "the dark years". Lol. When it was time to come back, we took our DS4 and stayed value at ASMu. We had never stayed anything but deluxe before thanks to generous family. And it was fine. DS loved the pool, popped on a life vest and took off swimming! I was so happy we were able to bring our DS to Disney finally I fought back happy tears throughout the entire trip.

But it was when we went back to BC for Cape May Cafe one evening that we had that same moment you describe. Walking into the lobby, smelling that familiar air, seeing the lagoon. We love it and it is definitely our favorite, hands down. Next trip was WL, which was also lovely, but BC still was calling to us. Next trip was a split stay with BC and POR. And YES, BC felt so right!

We're doing a night at POP and then CSR this next round to mix it up, but BC is already next on our list. :)

I have stayed at other resorts and they were all nice but when we stay at the Grand Floridian I feel at home.
Watching the fireworks every night from the lawn. Can’t get better than that!

Can’t wait to be back in September

We visit every few years and try to stay at a different resort each time. We have pretty much been at most of the deluxe and a few moderate. We have loved just about every single one so can’t pick a favorite. Usually we go during holiday time and take time to resort hop to see the decorations.

Currently staying at POFQ, and the resort is lovely. Our room is wonderful, with all of our requests met, overlooking the river. It's peaceful, the weather is amazing, our room is by all accounts clean and well appointed. I would never not recommend someone stay here.

However...

Last night we went back to the Poly for a dinner just DH and I (without the friend group we travelled with) at 'Ohana. We took the resort launch from MK, and as we were pulling in I got "that feeling". We stayed there in August for our (belated) honeymoon, and as soon as I saw the resort every piece of me relaxed. I inhaled the air, I felt at peace, it just felt so perfect. My DH looks at me and just goes "do you want to see if they have any rooms here for the rest of our trip? You love it here, I can tell just looking at you that you love it here", and he was totally right. The Poly is my resort, the one that suits me best, that gives me that Disney magic, and I can't even place why (fwiw there was no availability so no resort change for me lol).

There's nothing wrong with POFQ, we're having a great time, but the Poly just feels like home. Anyone have this experience? What's your resort that just feels perfect to you.
I feel exactly the same about the Poly.

For moderate it's POR (mansion section only), for deluxe it's BW/BC with BW having the edge. POR was our very first trip, and it truly was magical so it always has a special place in my heart, but I LOVE BW, and the whole Epcot resort area, and definitely feel home there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!