Anyone else have a "found my perfect resort" moment?

I have 2 perfect resort moments. First, staying at the Contemporary MK view and watching the fireworks from the balcony - amazing! Second, staying at Wilderness Lodge during the holidays. I woke up about 4:00 a.m. one morning, dressed and went down to the lobby with a book while DH slept. The lobby was empty except for a CM at the front desk. I waved at her, found a seat by the beautiful Christmas tree and read for a couple of hours in a mostly empty lobby. Just me, my book and that incredible tree! It was a magical moment I will remember forever :)

The first time we walked into our room at BLT, and the kids were stunned to silence for at least 30 minutes, I knew we had found our place. Its now our home DVC resort.

For me, it’s GF. When my sister and I were little (2 and 4) and we took our first trip, my parents did the “trip of a lifetime” approach, thinking we’d travel other places. Well, that first trip solidified it for our family. The GF is our home. The flowers in the lobby, the music playing, being greeted by Richard... it’s everything.

We have spent our biggest life moments there now. My 25th and 30th birthday, my proposal, my fathers retirement, my honeymoon, my mom being cancer free, my sister got engaged on the lobby steps this past August... it goes on and on. I walk in and tears fill my eyes with joy.

This past week I was in the world with my husband for work and we stayed at the S&D. I went and had breakfast at GFC while he was in training. It was like someone pushed a reset button on me ❤️

I haven't answered this because although we love love love Poly, I really can't decide!! So many great things to remember and to enjoy at so many resorts.

When I was finally able to afford going back to Disney in 2016 and I was able to take our girls for their first visit I had to book Contemporary in the Atrium so they could have the views and more important, it was such a big part of my life as a kid. But after 3 stays at Contemporary, we decided to stay Beach Club this past Christmas and all I can say is wow! As of now it is by far my favorite resort. When we pulled in I got this awesome feeling that I haven't had. Walking in the lobby sealed the deal. We do have Animal Kingdom Lodge booked for Spring break (27 short days away!) but we also have Beach Club booked for this Christmas again. Will I stay at Contemporary again? I know I will but it will be hard. Who knows, I may really like Animal Kingdom Lodge. It may be the one.

It's POFQ, hands down. When I step off the DME and walk into the lobby it's just an instant feeling of home and I KNOW I'm finally at Disney! I love so many things about it: the grounds, the boat, the quiet fountains, the river, the awesome pool and waterslide, the hot tub that's in an area with trees that shed leaves all over but somehow it's charming, the scent of the lobby, Billy and Jason on the weekends, Scat Cats for strong martinis, etc.

And you know how it is when you associate certain feelings with your favorite resort? Like, there's a scenario that you just love and it's hard to describe to anyone who's NOT a Disney person? My two POFQ specific feelings: 1) getting up super early and walking to the lobby for a coffee and seeing the resort at it's quietest and 2) getting on a bus at night after a long day in the parks and the lights are out and the twangy banjo music starts playing. Ugh, my heart!

Anyway, that's it for me. So much so that I've had Pop booked for my last two trips (October '18 and upcoming April '19) and I've switched to POFQ because I can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Although I love BLT and VGF, I think our perfect resort is actually Saratoga Springs. It's where I'm the most relaxed. One of the advantages of the resort being so large is that there are lots of quiet corridors that are still very manageable walks to food, pools, and buses. The landscaping is well kept and the foliage is mature due to the resort's age. Being right on the LBV golf course is great for me and I'll forever argue that Turf Club is the most underrated restaurant on WDW property.

I love being able to have the car close to the room in case I don't want to bus somewhere. Additionally, being able to walk to/from Disney Springs is huge for DW and myself. The shopping and dining of DS is a huge part of our disney vacations. Lastly, DW and I love taking walks in mornings and evenings and SSR is the perfect resort for that. Large grounds, scenic landscaping, good water views of DS, it's a very special place.

Although I love BLT and VGF, I think our perfect resort is actually Saratoga Springs. It's where I'm the most relaxed. One of the advantages of the resort being so large is that there are lots of quiet corridors that are still very manageable walks to food, pools, and buses. The landscaping is well kept and the foliage is mature due to the resort's age. Being right on the LBV golf course is great for me and I'll forever argue that Turf Club is the most underrated restaurant on WDW property.

I love being able to have the car close to the room in case I don't want to bus somewhere. Additionally, being able to walk to/from Disney Springs is huge for DW and myself. The shopping and dining of DS is a huge part of our disney vacations. Lastly, DW and I love taking walks in mornings and evenings and SSR is the perfect resort for that. Large grounds, scenic landscaping, good water views of DS, it's a very special place.
SSR is our #2! I don’t know why, but it feels like a small community & evokes memories of camping as a child. Love our home resort :lovestruc

I think I just had my "perfect resort" moment this past week! After staying in almost every resort on WDW property, we finally stayed at VGF in a 2-bedroom villa. Wowywowywowwowow. That villa was stunningly beautiful! And the penguin fountain in the lobby was adorable!

For my family, it was our first trip. We were staying at Grand Floridian, it was late and we had little ones. Then there was a horn outside our room. We all stepped out onto the balancing to watch the Electrical Water Pagent. It was a magical moment!

It's the Yacht Club for us, stayed in a garden view room the first time we were there but went for a lake view room in 2017, the view was stunning & that sealed the "Our Resort" thing for us.
Going back to the YC in November for two weeks & have booked a lake view room again.

We’ve stayed at The Poly, POFQ and AKL (twice).

While we were staying at The Poly one year, my wife wanted to check out AKL while heading over to AK. I was under the weather, and did a precursory glance, I just wasn’t overly impressed.

But the next year, my wife wanted to stay at a deluxe resort and chose AKL and I reluctantly agreed. I dunno what happened within a year, but I became a fan. I do still have a fondness for the Poly, but I feel as though you’re paying more for location at the Poly. As an overall resort, I just love AKL more. I love the giant lobby, I love the theming, the animals, the drums in the morning. It became my favorite resort hands down and we stayed there a second time when we visited with my daughter 2 years ago.

My daughter and I are doing a mini trip later this year but since it’s a special trip, I let her choose. She chose AOA as she’s wanted to stay there ever since our magical express bus picked up passengers on our way back from the last trip. I’m sure it’ll be fine, it just won’t be AKL.

I think ours happened 2 years ago at SSR (I've been coming since 1994). Like others mentioned, it feels like a small community, a little enclave from the hustle and bustle of WDW. I love the running paths that take me to OKW (home resort) and through the gold courses. It really clicked for me when I was able to be at Ever After for its 9am opening one morning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter