Anyone else miss the "Cubed Candy Boxes"?

The_Alice

Xavier Atencio is my hero!
Or is it just me?

Does anyone else remember these? They were clear plastic cubed boxes with a lid on the top that had the WDW logo (in the early 80s) and then it changed when MGM (now DHS) opened to have the Castle, Spaceship Earth and Earful Tower in gold.

I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE the large fruit one. I would get it at the Poly before catching the Monorail in the morning to MK with my grandparents. The banana in that box was AWESOME!

This is kind of like it, but I don't remember there being a character on it.
plastic-candy-containers.jpg

Not only are those gone but so are the fresh (well somewhat fresh) Chocolate-Covered Raspberry Truffles! My DH use to get them all the time. My last trip up over Easter I went to pick some up for him and they were no where to be found. I asked and the CM's working there looked at me like I had 3 heads. I guess they never heard of them. I don't eat them, but DH does. He normally doesn't come with me and hadn't in a year.. so I guess it is at least a year since they were gone.. :sad2: They are his favorite too.. They were sold by the piece or by the pound

Or is it just me?

Does anyone else remember these? They were clear plastic cubed boxes with a lid on the top that had the WDW logo (in the early 80s) and then it changed when MGM (now DHS) opened to have the Castle, Spaceship Earth and Earful Tower in gold.

I remember them. We had one with one of the anniversary logos on top I think. No idea what came inside it. I vaguely remember catching a lizard one day at FW and keeping it in the box for a bit til I let it go.

Yes! I bought one when I was younger that had rock candy in it. It had Spaceship Earth on the lid.

Great memory! My favorites were always the Mickey Head shaped ones...my Mom and I got one to share on our first ever trip to WDW, and we still talk about how good the candy was! :thumbsup2 Still have the boxes, too!

When I was little we would always get to pick one out as we were leaving. I always got rock candy! Sad my kids won't get to do that.

yes yes yes!!! I loved the one with the red hots except the ones I got the box was clear and had the park etched on the top.

I remember those! I used to get the Runts and the little shells, those were my favorite! I have seen ones that look like the shells at Wal-Mart but they are chocolate and the WDW ones were not chocolate.

One time at Epcot we got these little strawberry candies in one of those little boxes, they were like a marshmallow/gummy kind of thing but they were really good and they were gone the next time we went on a trip there (which was a few months later) and we never saw them again.

Absolutely! That was the first thing we did once we arrived, run over to the Meadows Trading Post and get the cube of M&Ms.

I had a Little Mermaid one with chocolate seashells and rocks. I might still have the box.

When I was like 10 I picked up one of these in Epcot and dropped it on the floor accidentally and it broke. My dad made me pick it up and take it to the register to pay for it. The CM obviously didn't make me pay, but I was mortified by having to do this.

So in other words, I remember these, but mostly because of a traumatic experience!

I got one of those clear plastic boxes with rock candy at Disneyland back in the mid 80s. For many years I used it to hold trinkets and such, but eventually it was dropped and shattered. Still, it was a nice keepsake. I'd love to see them come back.

My first trip to Disneyland in 1972 the only souvenir I got was one of these boxes filled with lemon drops. Took me a long time to decide what kind of candy to get. And, yes, I still have the box!

I miss them too! My favorite was the "honey I shrunk the candy". It had s bunch of mini candy's in a fisherman tackle box.

There was just something about those boxes that are so different than bagged candy.

I also seem to remember a box with a Minnie bow on top. I don't remember what was in it, though.

They still have these...my son got one at the candy shop on Main Street when we were there in March! It is a clear box with Donald Duck on the top filled with Runts...and yes, the banana ones are the first to go! Great little souvenir though...he has his Lego minifigures from the trip in it now!

I hate to comment on such an old thread... I would give up a lot for a cube of the candy shells.. once they stopped selling them you could still get them at ohana’s up until the late 90’s they would bring them out in a bowl man those things were good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter