Anyone else participating in the summer RunDisney virtual races?

ZJ5/9D47

Mouseketeer
With all my Disney Park plans now cancelled until after I am vaccinated against Covid-19, I decided to splurge for my mental health and sign up for my first virtual Disney race.

Anyone else also running/walking/rolling/crutching?

You don’t even have to pay as long as you are ok making your own medals by printing and cutting out the medal image on the digital official finisher’s certificate. They also have themed signs you can print for the start, finish, and mike markers...plus a race bib.

I’ve made my own Disney medals before by color printing, laminating, and then using craft ribbon.

We already have our Christmas inflatables of Mickey, Minnie, and Olaf up in our yard to entertain the local kids going on walks during this lockdown and are going to incorporate those somehow into “on course character photo spots”. I’m also thinking of making “this way” and “that way” course signs for the Alice in Wonderland 5k.

We’re also planning allergy-friendly themed post-race parties and using it as an excuse to try new recipes and cooking techniques.

Possibly a bit excessive but this lockdown is mentally draining and this helps me cope with hours of uncomfortable daily physical therapy exercises. I find it much easier to be compliant and push myself when I know doing so will make my Disney trip easier and allow me to transfer and still have energy to enjoy the attraction.

Would love to hear what anyone else is doing!

Wow @ZJ5/9D47, like @DisneyOma I didn't even know this was a thing!

Sounds like you are on top of it! I hope you have a great time - I love your ideas!

I need to let some of my friends know about this; thank you for the info! 🙂

I participated last year in the Marvel series, but forgot to check for the series this year. OP, I love how you are using it as a way to keep spirits up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!