Anyone ever go super cheap? Like a Super 8, etc..?

dskib

DIS Veteran
We’re considering a super thrifty trip to Universal. It’s been YEARS since we’ve been there. I’m trying to look at ways to do it inexpensively but still have fun. Non-peak season, so we would not be getting the express pass.

I know I could get something like a Super 8 for about $40/night, which would allow me to splurge more on Park activities and dining.

TripAdvisor reviews are typical - people either say it’s great or it’s a total mess.

Has anyone had any luck staying at a place like that?

Thanks!

Never read anyone on here stay there.

Maybe try posting on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board.......folks there might have more knowledge on that hotel.

My version of super-cheap includes serious consideration of Cabana Bay. Even if the price is $10-$20 more, you get perks like closeness, free transport, early entry, nicer pools, resort hopping and being in the bubble.

I've never stayed anywhere as cheap as the Super 8 you describe in the Universal area but we have stayed at the Clarion Inn & Suites, which is right across S Kirkman road from the park entrance. It's regularly under $100/night. I think we booked it for $80 something last time. It's no-frills, but it's within walking distance of the park and provides a bed and place to shower. Since it's within walking distance you save on parking and/or Uber to the parks.

It was also somewhat recently renovated so the interior looks a little more modern than the exterior. We had a fine experience- nothing to complain about and nothing to rave about.

We liked it enough that we'll be staying there again in a couple of weeks when we are there for Celebration of HP. I would give it a look!

Just remember you get what you pay for. I can't imagine a motel that cheap being anything but :scared::scared:
That’s how I feel. Anything under $80 is a no go for me. Silly, I know, but I’m highly suspicious of a cheap hotel meeting my standards. ;) But, there are offsite hotels that are good. I’d pay a bit more for one of them. Drury. One of the partner hotels for early entry. Hampton Inn.

I've stayed at the $35/night Motel six down by Disney maingate before for one night arrival night stays and I also book plenty of times for arrival nights at choice hotel properties across the area since we get loyalty points. They are what they are. No frills, maybe not immaculate, but the beds sleep well and they are inexpensive. The Quality suites on Canada avenue is less than five minutes drive from the garage and generally runs in the $70 a night range. all rooms are suites and they have a free breakfast. Have never felt unsafe at any of these properties.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Across the Street from Universal several times and really like it. It's clean and decent, usually around $90 to $100 a night, no resort fees, free parking and can walk to the park quite easily. Also has a mini fridge and microwave so we save a little money by ordering amazon prime to the hotel for bottle water and snacks.

Try drury inn. We spent the first night of vacation there and enjoyed it. The free dinner and breakfast was much nicer than I expected . Nice value when you add that in. Super clean,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter