• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Anyone flown via JetBlue?

sammi

<font color=purple>I'm a born traveller!<br><font
I've been researching JetBlue fares and was wondering when you do a layover (we'd be flying from Buffalo to JFK then on to Orlando) do you actually deplane and then head to a new gate and a new plane?

Also what is their service like........I've heard great roomy seats and personalized TV's?:confused:

TIA!;)

do you actually deplane and then head to a new gate and a new plane?

Sometimes, yes.

Although I have never flown JetBlue, I have heard nothing but raves from friends who have.

Jetblue is the BEST airline for domestic travel.

Comfy leather seats
Blue potatoe chips

Direct TV (25 channels) in EVERY seat includes:

History Channel
TV Land
a few kid channels
CNN Headline News
a few ESPNs
Biography
local NBC
flight tracker

and several other channels.

All live non-stop television. No selected programming or times.

The best way to fly to Disney.

Sounds good!:) Especially the blue potatoe chips! LOL!:p

Thanks to both of you for your information!:)

just wanted to add my .02 Jet Blue is fantastic, the seats are HUGE and the TV's make the trip a breeze.

Thanks for the good review supamaki!

When you fly into JFK do you have to get off of one plane and get on another and if so how far is it to each gate?:confused:

sammi,

I've flown Jet Blue, USAir, United, American and Delta. Jet Blue was a step above other airlines because the seats were comfortable and I loved the TV. My husband didn't understand all the excitement over Jet Blue - it wasn't that much different - but on our trips since the first Jet Blue experience he'll ask me if our plane will have individual TVs. It was nice but we've been using up frequent flyer miles on the last 2 trips.

The Jet Blue area of JFK (at least as of last year) was a circular end of a terminal. The gates were all together. I think the area could have used a bit of redecorating (and with Jet Blue's growth)so I don't know if the area is the same today. I usually look on the airline's web site for the airport's web site* for gate information.

* look up JFK airport on google.com

Great stuff Heidi! Thanks so much, and yes I'll take a look at the JFK site!:)

I flew from JFK to Orlando, and when we got on there were folks on the plane who had come from Burlington, so I assume you can do the same. If you do have to get off it's just like downon said, there are only like 5 or 6 gates, and they're all within a stones throw of each other. I think there's also a few places to get snacks, or magazines down there if you forgot anything.

I've flown several times on Jet Blue out of Burlington. It's great. My only complaint is that you don't arrive in Orlando until 4:00 pm...and the May fares are not posted yet!

The gates at JFK are close together as described above.

I have been to WDW at least once a yr since 1999, and have flown several different airlines, but once I used Jetblue, it is the only one I'll use. Their fares are usually lowest, seat room largest, always on time, individual tvs. These things make for a fun and exciting plane ride! The only bad experience I've ever had with Jetblue is that they put ours and a few other passenger's bags on the wrong plane (the next flight in to our airport), and my DH and DBL did not want to wait 1 hr at the airport for them to land. Jetblue would have given us meal vouchers to sit and wait. Unfortunately, we went home and Jetblue delivered one bag one day, another the next. But, they gave us credit towards a future flight. I still love them!

I love JetBlue. Flew them once back in August, and their planes were brand new! The staff are very informal but polite and attentive. We had an hour delay flying down to MCO, but no big deal. I love their TVs, though DH really hated the distraction (he's trying to read, but the flashy screen from my side bothers him).

The only bad side - kids with their headphones on screamed even louder.

I'm really pleased to read all the postives about JetBlue, and now we're just going to keep watching those air fares and hope they have a seat sale in the near future.:D

Thanks so much to all the nice folks who responded!:wave: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter