Anyone going to the Rolling Stones concert next week?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all ~ I have been considering the Stones concert (more interested in ACDC thou). But the idea of 500,000 people blows my mind. I was too young for Woodstock, now I think I'm too old for this concert. Anyone going? S

I am not going but a good friend of mine and 3 other gals are going! They are doing a road trip from wininpeg-they are very excited-I know they will have a great time! Can't beat those ticket prices!
Grover in Winnipeg:cool:

I am not going but my kids and their friends are. I would love to see AC/DC as well but don't think that I could handle the crowds. I will be very close to the concert site. I work a two minute walk from the south access gate. I think I'll get to work OK but am having doubts about getting out of the area and home at 4 pm. I hope I get home in time to see some of the simulcast on TV!

I am not going. I had the oppertunity to go but passed it up. Thought it was better to watch the tape highlights from home.
I beleive that Scratch is going.

hi sandra,
i would love to go...but i'm just not brave enough to fight those crowds:( my niece and nephew are both going though, so i will be able to get a review from them:D
kathe

I thought about it for 2 seconds, Sandra! :p But then I immediately thought about the number of people there and how far back I'd probably end up being from the stage. Janet (Scratch) is going to brave the crowds so I'll look forward to hearing about her experience and watch what I can on the TV.

It's kind of funny that so many "Disney" fans want to see AC/DC, me included:) . AC/DC doesn't seem to fit the same profile as WDW. But then again, there is Rock n'Roller Coaster with Arrowsmith:) I've no intention of fighting with that big of a crowd, but if I were younger....
Canadave

I can't wait to see AC/DC! Never got to go see them before!

Was originally going to take DD but thought better of it!

Those of you watching at home, look for a LIME GREEN shirt!LOL

As for the crowds, that's not whats got me worried. It's those that are going to the Molson's Tent! Free Beer All Day Long!:(

NOW THAT'S TROUBLE! I know they are a sponsor, but!

Hope Fantino(sp) can keep them under control!

I also know of of few that seem to think with this new law about "MaryJane" they can take it with them! even though it is stated that it will not be allowed!

I'm going into work first and then checking in with those from work that will already be there. I'm playing it by ear now!

I hope for Toronto's sake all goes well! Especially now that they are going to Broadcast all over the world!

ROCK ON!
Will do a report when I return!

Scratch
:smooth:

and I've seen the Stones before anyways. Saw them in 81' in Seatle and in 89' in Vancouver. Would like to see AC/DC but oh well. It's just to many people for me. Apparently there are people all ready lining up ..............

I'm really hoping that everything goes smoothly too, Janet! :) Have fun, just stay away from that Molson's tent ~ sounds a little risky to me too! :(

I read on the CP24 website about beer sales...
"You'll be able to buy some beer refreshment on site, but in order to keep things orderly, sales of suds will begin at 1pm and end at 8pm. You can buy up to 5 tickets for beer at a time, but only purchase 2 drinks at once."

The line-ups for the beer tents could be so long and slow, that a lot of people won't bother.

Hopefully the lines-up for the washroom facilities, will be shorter!!!!!:p

that when I was offered a Molson Pavilion Pass to accept to keep those unruly people under control!;)

I will only have to fight the crowds to get there!:rolleyes:

Due to this new development, I must arrive earlier!

Oh, what one must do for ones City!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Scratch (Janet)

Waiting patiently for your trip report.
Rock on! Be Safe!
:smooth: :smooth:
:cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter