Anyone had a room beside Laundry Rooms?

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
Apparently we have a room (6099) that is beside the laundry facilities. Anyone know if there is a lot of noise from the machines or from people being in there at all hours? Thanks, Jo

On our first cruise we were directly across from the laundry room and it did not bother us at all.

Thanks for posting this question... I just realized that we're also just a couple of doors down from the laundry.... and was wondering the same thing....

To be honest, I woke up early to go do laundry--like 6 AM as I waited for the dryer to finish and as several people were there doing laundry that early, I thought to myself how sorry I felt for the people in the room directly across-it became pretty busy.

The noise from the Laundry room never bothered us. You can feel the heat in the hallway but it didn't affect our cabin at all. You will be fine.

And the way the equipment is configured it is not sharing a wall with any cabin. You won't even hear it running.

Dis4me ~

Did you encounter lots of people outside your doors? It seemed to me that this would be the biggest problem for someone with a stateroom near the laundry. The overflow into the hall with people waiting for a machine was long, especially on the sea days...

I thought the laundry on Deck 6 was on the Starboard side- 658 something... I didn't think 6099 was near the laundry. Am I mistaken?

I could be mistaken about 6099 being next to Laundry room, however when I look at the ship map, there is a big blank space on one side of our room, and when I asked the question in an earlier thread about what is on the other side of 6099, a poster said it was the laundry room. Anyone know anything different?

Jo-Anne-
According to my Passporter book the laundry room is next to room 6587, not your room.

Takemeaway - I lost my Passporter last month (never loan it to a friend!). Does the book say then what is next to 6099? Thanks, Jo

The passporter doesn't say what is in those grey areas. There have been some vague posts on the subject. The areas are supposedly for storage, contain service elevators, are where the stateroom hosts hang out, etc. I can't tell you what is next to your particular room, maybe someone else can help.

My son and I were in 6587, right next door to the laundry on the August 9th cruise. Noise wasn't a problem at all! In fact, being next to the laundry room was really convenient. When I needed to iron something, I'd just have my son look out the door... no waiting in line or in the hallway. It was fine.

I never encountered people in the hallway waiting. Most people would just leave if they saw someone and come back. I don't think you will have a problem at all. We were in 6608 and 65?? So I guess it was the time we were on the starboard side. I just remember the heat when walking by it. After dinner(which I always froze at)I would hop in to warm up.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter