Anyone had experience with the Disney Gift Card eGift version?

Staceycs

Mouseketeer
On our trip next year we are visiting DL, WDW and doing a cruise on the Dream. We've been putting gold coins aside in a coin tin for some time, which we plan to use for fun experiences like Character Dining and MNSSHP. I'm thinking that while the dollar is up a little at the moment, it might be a good idea to load money onto a Disney eGift Card. Has anyone had experience purchasing and using the eGift Card, and know anything tricky that I need to be aware of? TIA!

Hey @Staceycs - Congratulations on your upcoming trip. I'm assuming this is happening around September/October next year? The MNSSHP is great and a must do (IMHO). The Halloween party at Disneyland is also very good - smaller - but features my hero Jack Skellington, and all the other NBC characters.

I haven't had any experience with purchasing the Disney egift card, but I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences as well. :)

Hey @Staceycs - Congratulations on your upcoming trip. I'm assuming this is happening around September/October next year? The MNSSHP is great and a must do (IMHO). The Halloween party at Disneyland is also very good - smaller - but features my hero Jack Skellington, and all the other NBC characters.

I haven't had any experience with purchasing the Disney egift card, but I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences as well. :)

Thanks Montanabel . Yes we leave in early September for 5 weeks ... can't wait!

Technically, we've been to MNSSHP once but the moment we got to MK, a massive storm system moved in and didn't go anywhere. We left about an hour later (as did most people) so we are still yet to experience the party properly. I think I'll book it early in our trip this time so we have lots of chances to still do it if the weather is bad again.

I went ahead and purchased a 'trial' gift card just to see how it all works and I'll be getting more- they can be used in so many places (especially online) and it came through really quickly. It actually converted at a little over 0.76, so that was a good surprise too! Yay for an improved dollar at the moment :cheer2:.

Hey Staceycs - your story reminded me of our trip last year. We also went in early September, went to MNSSHP and got caught in a storm. When it was announced the parade was not going ahead (my favourite part of the party) DH went to City Hall to see what our options were and they offered us free tickets to another MNSSHP. Seeing we were staying at Disneyworld for a little over 2 weeks, we had time to take up their offer and go again about 4 days later, when we experienced much better weather.

Thanks for the advice on the gift card. I'm impressed with the conversation rate - that's really good. Very happy when I got up this morning and saw the Aussie dollar was over 78 cents :D

That's so cool that you were able to go to another party without buying extra tickets! I wasn't sure what the deal was, so I'm glad you mentioned it

That's so cool that you were able to go to another party without buying extra tickets! I wasn't sure what the deal was, so I'm glad you mentioned it

It was a very nice surprise, after all, Disney can't control the weather. And we didn't have to leave the party immediately either, we ended up staying for a couple of hours, shopping, eating ice cream...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts