Anyone have breakfast at Main St. Bake Shop?

Rhonna

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Was wondering about having breakfast there. Is the seating area nice enough?

I read on Deb Will's site that it has some hot breakfast items. Anyone know what? We would like some protein - eggs, meat - not just carbs/pastry.

Also, are the espresso drinks there ground from beans or is it that horrid Nescafe swamp water?

The other breakfast options at MK are character meals. We've done them and don't really want that again.

Thanks!

Rhonna

We usually hit the Main St Bake Shop once or twice on each trip, usually on our EE day. We knock out Fantasy Land first, then go for a bite.
There is limited seating inside, however we have never had a problem getting outside seating just around the corner.
Im not sure exactly what they have for eggs & meat, but I want to say they do have some. Personally Im a big fan of the French Toast Loaf. ;)

I did a short review that's in my sig. We attempted a real breakfast, and came up with coffee, OJ, a quiche, and french toast loaf. I believe they also have yogurt and fresh fruit.

I don't remember if they have eggs and meat. But they have the best blueberry muffins. They are huge and so good. We love going by there to get a quick breakfast in the mornings. Also like someone else said if you go around the corner there is tons of outside seating to eat at.

I love it there! As a previous poster said - we really like to do EE at MK & then go to Main Street Bakery for a later breakfast. My favorite items are the huge cinammon roll with icing & their fresh baked Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies. We usually enjoy our breakfast at a table outside just around the corner from the bakery. You can enjoy the castle while enjoying your breakfast. ;)
I don't know what hot items they may have - I always hold out for the cinnamon roll - HTH!:)

Thanks everyone!

Forever42,

Thanks for the review. The quiche would be fine for some protein.

It sounds like you ordered the regular coffee? Did you happen to notice if the espresso drinks came out of a push-button machine or if they actually ground the beans there?

Thanks!

Rhonna

The tables inside are of the small ice cream parlor variety. Not whole lot of seating, but you get to look at all the glass sculptures and maybe see the glass artist at work.

The cinnamon rolls are to die for!!!

This isn't a place for low carb eaters, unfortunately. But anything we've gotten has been very tasty. I had the quiche in April and loved it --- I think it was bacon and cheese. Can't remember if it had a crust --- I think it did. Generally, I eat low carb, but am more liberal when on vacation. There's fruit salad, but I got this a few years ago and was disappointed. It seemed like it was out of a jar.

If you just walk a few feet to the end of Main Street and turn right, there's many tables. Go a little further to the right and you can walk down to the tables that are near the rose garden. It's quiet there and you'll have a great view of the castle.

Hmmm...I had the cappucino once, and I want to say that they used an espresso machine instead of premixed "cappucino," but I'm not entirely positive.

Also, the quiche didn't have a crust, but it did have potatoes in it.

I guess I should have been more clear in my comments since so many people are on the Atkin's Diet.

I just need some protein in my breakfast - I'm not a no carb person. So, potatoes or crust is no problem. I just didn't want a place that had absolutely NO protein at all.

Thanks for the answers, I think we will try one breakfast here.

Rhonna

Go for it, then! I did love the quiche. The muffins and pastries and very large, so you can split then, or buy several and create your own buffet. Best crumb cake I ever ate (I'm not a big fan of crumb cake) because it had a layer of cream cheese under the crumbs which made it moist ---- protein!

We prefer to sit where it's peaceful and quiet, as I described above.

PS. The lines can look pretty long in the morning, but seemed to move quickly.. We got to MK an hour after it opened, and I believe the line was to the door in April, but we probably got to the front in 12-15 minutes.

Get there as early as you can - DH and I always go 2-3 times during our trips but always remember the lines as being very, very long (we think it was worth it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter