Anyone have to cancel DC and get a credit good for a year, but concerned?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We cancelled our trip when we heard all the parks were going to be closing. Our DC day was to be the day before they actually closed. We were able to put our reservation on hold and it is good for one year. However, I am concerned that Sea World may not make it and we will not be able to use our reservation and will be out that money. Is anyone else having these concerns at all? Am I over thinking it?

How long ago did you book it? I wonder if you could dispute through your credit card? Cruise lines who cancelled are giving refunds. Some gov't entity said airlines had to offer cash refunds when they were only giving vouchers. I don't know how this is any different.

I think it was booked in Nov or Dec of last year. I think because we actually cancelled and they did not. Does that make sense? Our DC day was Saturday and the parks officially closed on Sunday, to technically they were open and we could have come.

I, personally, am not concerned (and that's me speaking as an annual passholder). The parks will reopen and everything will get back to a new normal. The media will ALWAYS have you believe something is worse than it is. That's how they "sell" the news and keep people tuning in for more.

I would hold that DC credit and expect to be able to use it within the next 12 months

I do have some concern over Seaworld as a whole reopening, and I'm a huge fan. That said, if it were to close my guess is one of the larger Swim With companies would probably purchase DC. I know several smaller Florida marine parks have recently been purchased by large international companies that own many Swim With the Dolphins locations. If that were to happen I would hope they would honor your reservation credit.

This has nothing to do with the question about your reservation. But as far as Sea World being able to make it through this crisis, it seems likely they would receive stimulus funding from the government. I’m confident they’ll be here for a long time.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!