Anyone just back?

decker96

DIS Veteran
Has anyone recently returned from WDW? We're planning a Oct. 19-24 trip next year and just wondering how the crowds were. Do you think the golf tournament affected the crowds at all? Thanks!!

Hello,

We just got back yesterday. We were there from the 19th to the 24th. I thought the crowds were managable. We were worried on Sat. when went to Epcot and there was a line to check bags and buy tickets but we saw everything we wanted to after arriving at 12:00. I would go at this time again. The only thing that seem to be effected by the golf tour. was the traffic on 4.

The weather was great too.

My brother got back this morning from 2 weeks there and said the crowds were ok. The longest they had to wait was 30 minutes for Rock n Roller coaster. They chose to do MK on both saturdays (big mistake, they should read these boards) but said only the first saturday was really bad. Oh yeah, Fantasyland was jammed too.
Weather was around 90 but was bearable and they had a great time. said he would go back at this time again. Hope this helps,
Claire

We were there this weekend and it was not as crowded as I was expecting it to be. The Food & Wine Fest was a little crowded on Saturday night, but definitely manageable. May have been a bigger crowd because of the Golf Tournament?
And MK yesterday was great. 15-minute wait at Big Thunder Mountain and fast passes within an hour or so at Space Mountain and even Splash Mountain. The weather was perfect too - warm but not humid. We had a fantastic weekend!

Thanks everyone! I figured things would be a little busier with the F & W festival, but the waits you've talked about are what I was hoping for! Glad everyone had a fun time!! Can't wait for next year!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Is there a regular schedule for the golf tournament? It seems like it's always around the third weekend of Oct. We were thinking about this week next year too. Sounds like it's not too bad.

The golf tourny is the week of Oct. 17-23 next year. Hope this helps. The 2005 PGA Schedule just came out about a week ago.

We got back last Friday night. We were there from the 16th through the 22. We found the parks very easy to do. We learned that if we waited until around 11:00 to get there we could stay longer (dh 40, me 37(but with some health problems) dds 15 and 9) and we didn't have to face those first of the day crowds. We rode EVERYTHING, somethings twice except for TOT , which we really had enough time to but chickened out since our hotel room was on the 17th floor of the hotel. We fast passed mission to mars and did space ship earth while we were waiting. We fast passed the land while we ate lunch/dinner. We fast passed Pooh while we rode Haunted Mansion. We fast passed Peter Pan while we rode Snow White. We fast passed the river ride while we went on the safari and fast passed Dinosaur while we ate lunch. Everything else we walked right up to with the longest wait being 35 minutes for RRC. We did do MNSSHP and were able to walk right up to almost all the rides the longest wait being 10 minutes. If you know how to use the fast passes they work really, really great! The parks were very limited as far as crowds go until Thursday which was our day to go back to ride anything we wanted to ride again at all the parks. The lines were much longer and we couldn't figure out why. We did spaceship earth and the ride in imagination SEVERAL times because they were just walk ons. While dd 15 and dh rode the car ride me and dd9 went on the imagination ride twice in a row! It was that empty! HOpe you have fun. Can I come too?

Just Back...Quick Trip
We just got back from a quick trip for MNSSHP. We were there 10/22-10/24. The parks were not crowded at all!!!! We usually go in April, May or June. The longest wait we saw was 30 minutes and that was for Dumbo. We used Fast Pass some, but never waited more then 10 minutes for any ride.

Epcot was busy Saturday night ,but that was because of the Food and Wine Festival. The lines at the booths were very long and the World Showcase was packed!

We went to MNSSHP on Sunday the 24th. It was great! the decorations were great. My kids loved it, especially Trick or Treating!!! All of the rides were less than a 5 minute wait!! Even DUBMO!!! We had a great time....we saw the parade and the Headless Horsman (very cool and spooky!!!!). The fireworks were good....I like Wishes better, but they were good, especially the perimeter fireworks!

Highlight of the trip was my youngest DS got his first haircut at the Barber Shop!!!!

We will definitely go in October again!!!!

We were there Oct 18-23. Monday - Thurs the crowds were minimal. Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday at Epcot were quite busy.

Wednesday at MK we walked right on Splash Mtn, BTM, Space Mtn (rode twice in 10 minutes), Buzz Lightyear and Mickey's Phillharmagic. At MGM on Tuesday we waited no more than 15 minutes for both Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of terror.

Monday, Wed evening and Thurs evening were great at the F+W. Short lines, good food and good wine.

All in all a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter