Anyone know if is there a bus from walt disney world to miami international airport?

sunrail doesn't get close!

redcoach has a station near the airport and can take you to MIA

travel time is about 4 hours

rate varies from $20 to $85 depending on class of service you choose (different bus and times)
[price is for a dummy booking I did ... could be different on your particular day]

this is first class description ... obviously economy is not all this.

discover-gif-first_SMALL.gif

https://www.redcoachusa.com/

there is also megabus but it will not take you to MIA, but another location in Miami
https://us.megabus.com/route-guides/orlando-to-miami-bus

Last edited:
further research says the MEGA

drops you off at the rental car center which has free transport to the air terminals

but I suggest you verify . . .

further research says the MEGA

drops you off at the rental car center which has free transport to the air terminals

but I suggest you verify . . .
I know for a fact that Red Coach drops off at MIA Terminal J, which is the last terminal on a U-shaped airport. However, there are moving walkways on the third level that will take you anywhere in the airport.

I have several friends who use Red Coach regularly -- two for WDW and another to see her daughter at Florida State. They rave about the accommodations and ride.

Mega Bus says it drops off at the "Intermodal Center" at MIA, which is the hub that connects the airport with the rental car industry, Tri-Rail (rail service to Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach), bus transport, and MetroRail (elevated rail service to downtown, south to Kendall, and northwest to Hialeah.

Megabus' website notwithstanding, their dropoff location is NOT near downtown, and there is NO connection to South Beach.

The Intermodal Center is across a main thoroughfare from MIA (about a mile away), but is connected by autonomous elevated rail car to the terminal.

But MIA is OP's goal, so the Intermodal Center would work.

However, debarking at Terminal J from Red Coach, even if your flight was on American Airlines on the other side of the airport, would be easier...especially if you have significant luggage.

I don't know anything about Mega Bus.

Last edited:
travel time is about 4 hours
Oh, and drive time in a car would also be about 4 hours.

With a bus, you have to get TO the bus. With a rental car, you have to get to the rental location and turn the car in at the Intermodal Center. So there is additional time either way -- probably more with the rental car.

Red Coach USA sells tickets that include a shuttle ride from a Walt Disney World Resort (or any other Orlando area hotel) to the bus terminal. There, you'll transfer on to the bus for the trip to Miami.

Depending upon the date you travel, the bus can be super cheap. One-way from a Disney Resort to MIA airport on a randomly chosen date (April 19) shows Economy from $20, Business Class from $30, and First Class from $30. You can upgrade the ticket to fully refundable for about $6. And, unlike many modes of transportation, two pieces of luggage and a standard-size carry-on bag are free.

While I've never actually traveled with Red Coach, I have purchased refundable tickets via their website three or four times. In each case, the trip was canceled or I found a cheap rental car. Getting a refund is super easy, as along as you have the confirmation code that comes when you book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts