Anyone know why resorts are sold out for May 17-19?

cathyz

Mouseketeer
I was able to get HRH through "quickbook", thanks! But, I'm still concerned about why HRH & PBH are sold out for the weekend. This is the weekend between Mother's Day weekend and Memorial Day Weekend. I would think that the last 2 would be more crowded.

My guess is a convention of some sort. So my guess is that it doesn't necessarily mean that the parks are going to be jammed. Is that a bad guess? DH is really into going, but not if it's as crowded as it was at Christmas. I can't imagine it being that bad, but...

Any input is most appreciated!

I'd have to double check the dates, but I was just talking with my father over the weekend. His company is flying him down to Orlando in early/mid may for a MAPICS (computer software) convention at Universal. He mentioned they are actually closing the park EARLY so that convention attendees will have it all to themselves.

Not sure if that's the cause or not, but I'm sure they have a lot of conventions in May.

Geez, that would stink if the parks closed even earlier! I wonder how to find out if this is really happening. Thanks!

Cathy--I wouldn't worry, with FOTL you'll have no trouble. Universal (HR, Portofinio) doesn't have that many rooms. I've read that the hotels are nearly fullly booked every night.

There are a lot of corporate events and conventions going on at the resorts and the parks. It is indeed rare that the park would close early for one. That is a very big expense. I think the last one I saw do that was for Microsoft. The schedule for that week shows the parks closing at 7:00 all week normal for that time of year. There is no notation of a special early close.

Some of the these events can come in a take 1000, 2000, or more rooms. Obviously there will be more space once the Royal Pacific opens this summer.

Thanks a lot! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will work out for us, schedule-wise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter