Anyone not doing the CP dinner package?

Skatermom23

DIS Veteran
I know, I know we should do the dinner package. But, since I am not getting a real show of enthusiasm from the troops, I thought we would wing it. Has anyone done this and what was your experience? Did you wait long etc? What show do you think is the least crowded?

I don't plan to do the dinner package. We haven't decided yet if we will see the CP or not. I figure if we happen to get in with little wait, we'll go, otherwise, we'll do it next year.

I'm not doing the dinner package either. I know it would reserve me a seat, but it's not that big of a deal for me. I think we may take the girls over to Germany to eat that night.

...last year, we HAD reserved seats due to the dinner package, but our show got cancelled due to weather. So, we ate and came back for a later showing. It was packed, so we had to stand outside, and truly, it's the music and the story that give the "goosebumpy" feeling, you don't necessarily have to be right up close to hear it.

BUT--if you are asking whether you'll be able to get in and get a seat w/o the package--it seems that people line up to wait to get in, often an hour or more ahead of time. So it depends what is important to you and how much time you're willing to wait in line.

PS...HollyJoy, your girls are beautiful!!!

We have done the package in the past, but this year we are not. We are going to get something to eat or wait until after and just stand outside the pavillion or rather gardens and listen. It is all about the music and message and even though it it nice to see I have seen it and just want to listen.

We might even grab something at the American Pavillion and sit outside and listen while we eat.

We did it on the package a few years ago. Had to go to the early showing, got there just as it began and got seats off to the side that I was not impressed with. Later in the week we were able to catch it again, (actually a couple times) both times we just stood in the back. We were centered, could hear everything and, if you don't mind standing, I actually found this preferrable. wouldn't worry about it. It really is more about listening then seeing. Plus, it looks like you're going in early December, so the crowds shouldn't be too bad. It does "look" much nicer at night, then at dusk.

Last year we decided to see the show again on our last night (different narrator). We walked in about 10 minutes before and got seats in the center section in the back.

I have PS at Garden Grill for the 26th CP, but that is our last night there. THe only PS I could get was for 8:10, we are seeing the 6:30 show. I didn't care which show, but I don't think I want our last evening and last minutes in the parks to be sitting in a restaurant, unless the Garden Grill is going to be a great experience for the kids, which it looked like it had potential for being.

Anyway, I want advice. I do want to see it, but I don't care if we are standing or sitting to the side. This is the first night, so I don't know if crowds will be very bad because of that or not? Any ideas?

No other restaurants appealed to me at all, I'm in it more for a fun experience for the kids than the food or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter