Anyone optimistic for October?

emcarle27

Mouseketeer
So, reason 5001 why my life is a joke.

We were scheduled to get married this year but because we're in a hotspot for COVID, we're postponing. Okay, fine. We were like we'll go to Aruba as a way to relax and have a nice trip this year. Joke is on me though...no passports are being issued. And they are months behind. :mad:

So, we're thinking of going October 16-23 of this year. Hotel is booked, just need to change our flight.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:

We were scheduled to get married this year but because we're in a hotspot for COVID, we're postponing. Okay, fine. We were like we'll go to Aruba as a way to relax and have a nice trip this year. Joke is on me though...no passports are being issued. And they are months behind. :mad:

So, we're thinking of going October 19-23 of this year. Hotel is booked, just need to change our flight.

Thanks for listening!

This whole deal has been an inconvenience to so many, I can only imagine the disappointment for having to postpone a wedding, I sure hope by October we can enjoy having vacations again, we have one in September into October planned, I think people will be going berzerk if things aren’t more normal by then, unfortunately for me I guess I can’t see this being a new normal......

They reopened City Walk today with limited distancing and PPE restrictions. I would be surprised if theses guidelines are in place in October, but who knows what the situation will be by then. I'm keeping my airfare and hotel reservations open until we know more.

So, we're thinking of going October 16-23 of this year. Hotel is booked, just need to change our flight.

Thanks for listening!
Might want to consider booking thru SWA

Am I optimistic? Absolutely, but I’m also the sort that always has a plan B. Already had had a two week March/April trip fall apart but we are movin’ on.
Going to UO is the next best thing to Aruba....
:scratchin , I’ll go as far as in the top ten lol
I've been to Aruba... give me UO any day! And I'm a Disney girl :rotfl2:
Enjoyed visiting all of the above but, since getting to Aruba took me a long cruise in rough weather :crazy2:, think the OP was smart planning to book a flight there.

I heard that Universal submitted paperwork to the city for a couple of the HHNs houses, so Universal is planning to proceed with HHNs at this moment.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Reliable source? Oh, how i wish.

Going to carry this over to the HHN thread if it’s isn’t there already :)

I heard that Universal submitted paperwork to the city for a couple of the HHNs houses, so Universal is planning to proceed with HHNs at this moment.
I saw that UO submitted 3 requests on May 13
I keep watching for more permits to be filed.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Reliable source? Oh, how i wish.

Going to carry this over to the HHN thread if it’s isn’t there already :)

I saw it on the Halloween Horror Nights Facebook page. They were discussing the permits there. I searched through page for pictures of the permits, and the only permit I found appears to be for setting up the power grid for a couple of houses.947B2962-9C4F-412A-AEAF-170CEF74C201.png

Well, they have to file permits now if they even hope to have HHN's.... but that doesn't mean they are going to or know for sure they are, just a preliminary requirement.

Sorry about the wedding postponement! We went to a Aruba in October a few years ago for our anniversary, plus DH is a diver. He’s supposed to go to the Cayman Islands in Oct and I am hoping to go to Orlando. The Caymans have closed entry for tourists until Sept 1 for now. I think many Caribbean locations don’t have the medical facilities to handle an outbreak.

I just booked a few nights in October (and air w/ points) on the chance things are smoothed over and back to normal by then - fingers crossed!
If not, nothing lost.

I would feel pretty confident about an October UO trip right now since they announced opening plans today. :) Soft opening to special guests June 1. General public June 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!