Anyone pay in advance to park at Pearson?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
We used this service last year and it was really simple. What I'm wondering, however, is if the discounts for parking change from week to week or month to month or even as you get closer to your trip. Anyone know?

Right now, the parking I will need in March is just about half price, but I'd rather wait a little to book parking, as I might find another ride to the airport and don't want to be committed. Of course, if it's going to go up in price, I'll lock in the deal.

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/Parking/#

1./ The price will go up. Right now they're competing with the Park'N'Flys for the people who pre-book. As the lot fills (it's March so I suspect it will) the price will be ratcheted upwards.
2./ I'm pretty sure the amount is refundable/cancel-able from what I remember but I'd double check.

If you don't object to parking your car in an outside lot, not on property, i can recommend and excellent location. We'll never park anywhere else!

If you don't object to parking your car in an outside lot, not on property, i can recommend and excellent location. We'll never park anywhere else!
Personally, I'm not interested in that for this trip, but possibly for others. Is it one of the value lots associated with Pearson or somewhere else? How do you get to the terminal?

Personally, I'm not interested in that for this trip, but possibly for others. Is it one of the value lots associated with Pearson or somewhere else? How do you get to the terminal?
It's about a 10 minute drive from Pearson and they use a shuttle service to get to/from the terminal. They have what they call " Personal Care" (think Valet) and you will leave your car directly in front of their office, snow will be cleaned off and car started in the winter to warm up and in the summer A/C turned on. If you choose to self-park they have EVERYTHING you might need if you should need (brushes, scrapers, battery chargers, lock de-icer etc) -- we really could have used this the last time we chose ParkNFly in a January :rolleyes1 We chose them last year when we were gone for 3 weeks and it was just under $100 since anything after 12 days you get an entire month.

It does go up, we booked a few days before our trip for the lot right outside the terminal and didn’t end up saving a ton. If you’re flying WestJet, they have a discount code on their website to save on terminal parking.

@FigmentSpark @laura2287 @von Monster and any one else who has used this pre-booking at Pearson.....do you know how the pricing compares to Park n Fly? Is it approx the same?

I didnt know pre-booking a spot even existed and it seems to be fairly reasonable when I look at the link above considering you are parking right at the airport.

We used Park n Fly for the first time two years ago and ti wasnt horrible (we have almost always called a car service or stayed at hotels the night before that included parking) but I am always on the look out for the easiest, most economical way to get out of Pearson

I've never used Park n Fly, but we used the advanced payment last year. But they didn't have the "Premium" and "Express" options. You print the bar code they send you after you book and pay, then use that to pay for your ticket, instead of other payment methods. There's a place on the payment machines to scan the bar code. The hardest part was finding a parking spot during spring break.

I've never used Park n Fly, but we used the advanced payment last year. But they didn't have the "Premium" and "Express" options. You print the bar code they send you after you book and pay, then use that to pay for your ticket, instead of other payment methods. There's a place on the payment machines to scan the bar code. The hardest part was finding a parking spot during spring break.

hmmm-interesting, thank you. I was assuming you had an assigned spot. Dont know why I would have thought that, Monday morning wishful thinking I guess!!!

Well, this year, they have the Premium Reserved, so maybe they do give you an assigned spot. That wasn't available, I don't think, last year.

What happens if your times are off? Traffic on the way there. Flight delays when returning.
We will be flying out in March as well. We usually do Park n Fly valet, but if I could park right in the terminal I would be interested.

@FigmentSpark @laura2287 @von Monster and any one else who has used this pre-booking at Pearson.....do you know how the pricing compares to Park n Fly? Is it approx the same?

I didnt know pre-booking a spot even existed and it seems to be fairly reasonable when I look at the link above considering you are parking right at the airport.

We used Park n Fly for the first time two years ago and ti wasnt horrible (we have almost always called a car service or stayed at hotels the night before that included parking) but I am always on the look out for the easiest, most economical way to get out of Pearson

It was more but not horribly more, something like $30 more to park in the value garage vs Park'N'Fly Valet. I figured it was worth it versus waiting 20-30 minutes for the shuttle outside in the middle of February.

What happens if your times are off? Traffic on the way there. Flight delays when returning.

Not certain, but the last time I used it we were a little (30 minutes) early arriving and our flight back was delayed (~1hr or so) so we were past the times I'd booked and it was fine. I suspect for anything more than a few hours they just charge the full daily rate anyways from playing around with the booking calculator.

We will be flying out in March as well. We usually do Park n Fly valet, but if I could park right in the terminal I would be interested.
This is from their FAQ

upload_2018-1-29_13-20-12.png

Thank-you. I registered for an account today and the sent me a promo code. Parking in the terminal garage was $21 more than Park n Fly valet. I may indeed try it this time.

I haven't used the value garage in a while but I can honestly say that it is a GREAT place to park in the winter, and the next time we do a winter trip I will be using the garage. Nothing like not having to brush snow off of your car after a long(ish) flight.

It does go up, we booked a few days before our trip for the lot right outside the terminal and didn’t end up saving a ton. If you’re flying WestJet, they have a discount code on their website to save on terminal parking.

Thanks! I didn't know that and we're flying WestJet soon.

EDITED TO ADD: I tried the link and it only gives a discount on parking in Terminal 3. About $6 cheaper than what Pearson Parking costs. ($201.75)

I found the code PEARSON17 and it dropped the Value Park Garage from Pearson Parking's $164 currently to $147.90. I think when my husband gets home I'll use his CC to snag that for a 10-day parking coming up. For the price difference we'll park at the Value Park Garage. We park there and quite like it. Easy to get back-and-forth.

Last edited:
FYI - we booked the "Premium Parking at Terminal 1". They gave us special directions on how to get to the premium parking in the Daily parking lot on level 4. There's also a note that, if for any reason the lot is full, just call an attendant and show them your premium parking receipt and they will let you in, so they must calculate that as a sold spot and therefore not available to the general public.

We park at vicount garages and take the “train” my boys think it’s totally cool
Cheaper than terminal and car is covered (no snow clearing off when you return)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!