Anyone recently back from SSR

angtx

Earning My Ears
If so, what were the buses like? I know they are hit or miss but we are (hopefully) staying at the Springs and I want to be prepared. With this being a slower period I was hoping all would be okay. Additionally, did anyone stay at the Springs? If so, how was the condition of the rooms? Any leftover stale smoke smell?

Thanks in advance!

Just came back from SSR on a rented reservation in Aug.. LOved it! it is the second time I stayed here. First in a 1 bdrm in , oh i can't remember the section now, argh! it started with a C... Congress Park thats it, That was nice with a view of DTD and right next to a quiet pool, we could just walk out to it from our patio. But it was far away and It was one of the last stops on the bus so it was great for going out but not for coming back. We also had a car so we just drove to the parks.
This last trip was in a 2 BDM in the Paddocks section. It was the first Paddock building numbered in the 5000.
It was wonderful! It was right next to a quiet pool area, and playground and we could just walk across the bridge past the springs building to the main pool, spa, club, and carriage house. like a 3-5 min walk.
The bus stop was right out front and we were the first stop before the Springs so we just went right on to where we were heading. We did not have a car this time and it was fine.
Never waited more than 5 min for a bus and always had a seat.
Depending on where you are heading it can take 20 min to 1 hr travel time.But you can learn to tae shorter rides to one place and hop on a bus or monorail to another. Going to Epcot and MGM was quick, so was the water parks. Going to the boardwalk, WL and AKL took longer b/c you have to switch at DTD. To get to MK take a bus to Epcot and ride the monorail or you can take the bus to the main entrance.
Coming back we were more like the 4th stop so it was a little longer ride, but we could get off at the Springs (first or second stop i think) and walk across the bridge to our building.
This was faster and a very nice serene walk in the warm air. If you have a sleeping child it might be better to just take the extra few minutes on the bus.
Our room had a wonderful view of the pond and fountain as well as epcot fireworks everynight from all windows and balcony just over the pond. we were on the 4th floor.
We still saw people sitting outside their rooms in the springs section smoking on their patios, trying to hide them but you could smell the smoke sometimes as you passed.
No smoke smell in our room.
Our room was comfortable, and we had 2 q beds in our second bedroom whch made it nice for the kids. I love the Saratoga it is much more comfortable than OKW, not as roomy but warmer and more like home, prettier too.
The good thing is they have their own busses, they don't share with any other resorts. I'm not sure if all DVC do, maybe so.
If you request a room near a bus stop and main or any pool, you will get a good chance at the springs if available or one like we did. it always works for me and they always have given me a choice of what is available when I arrive.
Have a nice trip.

If so, what were the buses like? I know they are hit or miss but we are (hopefully) staying at the Springs and I want to be prepared. With this being a slower period I was hoping all would be okay. Additionally, did anyone stay at the Springs? If so, how was the condition of the rooms? Any leftover stale smoke smell?

Thanks in advance!

Just came back last night. Buses are in service based upon guest numbers. A week ago it was more crowded and there were more buses. Two days ago it felt like the place was empty and we waited 30 min for a empty bus. DTD Market Place bus stop is closed for a rework. No smell of smoke.

Buses were GREAT!

We really liked SSR! Its a beautiful resort.

We like the quiet pool down by the Congress building. It was empty most of the time. My family had it to ourselfs most of the week of Sept. 1 - 7, 2007.
We stayed in the Congress building.

We rented the 4 person bike for $20.00 a half hour! But it was fun!!

You might want to check out my picture/trip report if you havent been to SSR before. Its at the bottom of this post.

Oh yea, the only thing we didnt like was the food at the Artist. Breakfast was ok but lunch wasnt. We should of tried the Turf Club.

You are going to have a great time at SSR!:love:

About the smoking, I was told by the DVC guy in the lobby that I COULD smoke on the balcony! I told him OHHH NO I was told at check in not to smoke on the balcony. He said, "REALLY?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter