Anyone started Christmas shopping, or even thinking about Christmas yet.

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
:santa:
I can't believe that I have even started thinking much less shopping for Christmas already... its crazy hot and humid here, but I have found some items for Christmas with really great prices. One big gift for our daughter, and some smaller gifts, and some stocking stuffers....

:santa:So anyone else started thinking about or shopping for Christmas.?

:santa:So anyone else started thinking about or shopping for Christmas.?

I picked up lots of Disney related stocking stuffers for teen DD from the Target colab. Not too many other things yet but we promised to go smaller this year since Disney is part of our Xmas gift.

Pre-kiddo, I shopped year around. It was a combination of that's the only way we could afford to do it, plus thrill of the deal. Once she came along, it was easier just to save more money and do it closer to Christmas because I didn't get in stores to browse as much. Now she is 7 and I do get out a little more often so I'm not opposed to buying if I see something that suits someone. So far I have bought a mug for my BIL that says something about being the best uncle, because he is very sentimental and loves that sort of thing. I found it in the hospital giftshop of all places, when visiting another family member.

Mostly Done already - We did an aggrement with my parents that we weren't going to do a ton of gifts (both us and my parents REALLY don't need anything) - we told them we would like Disney GC or money towards a flight for vacation.

For "family" christmas - we do one gift for each neice/nephew - those are done
My brother/SIL get 1 gift - GC is purchased
my other brother only wants t-shrits - ok fine - done

Family exchange gift we won't get until closer to time - we get those "yard of candy" things every year

Between the Dh and I - we both agreed to a $200 budget becuase in 2021 we are goign to the 50th for WDW and I want to fly first class, so we are saving money towrads that expense

Disney is the big gift, but at ages 2.5 and 5.5, their interests change weekly so we will hold off for a bit on shopping of little stuff...

I've already been shopping for months! I pointed out some things in the WalMart clearance aisle that would be good for my kids to buy for grandma/grandpa and aunt/uncle and they thought I was nuts to even consider that already. But I'm trying to teach them how to stretch their budgets (and maybe save my sanity if I don't have to help them do all their shopping in December).

I find Christmas is so much more enjoyable if I have the bulk of the shopping and wrapping done before December even starts. Then I can focus on being more present and enjoying the season.

The Nordstrom Anniversary sale starts next Thursday if you have a Nordstrom card and they have some really nice stuff at more reasonable prices during the sale.

I would be lying if I said I have not thought about one of two things for my mother....

I really don't buy for many people, but since the sale focuses on fall/winter and year round items there are some things she would not splurge on for herself.

For everyone else, not a chance!

A ride-on Lightening McQueen is parked and ready for my great-nephew as well as a few stocking stuffers because of the closing of Toys R Us. I pick up stocking stuffers all years, especially if I have coupons. My brother-in-law is a huge Christmas decoration person. I often get things for him right after the previous Christmas.

I haven't started yet (hoping to come up with the perfect 'not more stuff' idea for my girls) but we are going to the beach next week and I am going to be taking a lot of pictures of all the grandkids together. My father is getting a calendar for Christmas!

I have an idea list but won’t start shopping until mid September unless I run into a really great deal for one of those ideas. I’ll pick up some stocking stuffers in the parks on our trip next week most likely.

Just a few Christmas items here. Mostly because we just got back from a big trip to Europe, so I picked up a couple items early. Sadly, I will not be returning to Europe between now and December.

I might pick up more things early, if I happen to see a good bargain on something that can wait. I won't start actively looking for a while, though.

Target has a ton of toys on clearance right now (they did last year this same time as well). I picked up a few small toys as stocking stuffers for DD.

Not sure what we're doing for the kids this year, but I'm not going to buy as much stuff as I normally do. Maybe a trip or two...

I haven't started, either...I have 2 kid birthdays to get through before I think on Christmas...

I do know that this is the year my oldest will get a cellphone (I have a family plan, so adding her will be cheap) as either her single big birthday gift or one of three Santa gifts. And I know my kids said the Switch games will be awesome this fall, so those are easy Santa pick ups. Other than that, I'll wait for what they want. It's probably gonna be a lean year, b/c of our bathroom remodel, but thankfully, other than the phone (which will be an older generation Samsung, I think, so under $150 is the goal), I'm not expecting any presents to be more than $50...so that helps...

Found a perfect gift idea for my 24 YO DD. A wooden puzzle from Liberty
Puzzles. (Saw that brand of puzzle at a store that sold Dr. Suess works of art I. Chicago). Dad isn’t into Dr Suess, so none of the puzzles in the store jumped out as good options. The puzzle website has several Eiffel Tower options, (she was on Paris for part of her honeymoon earlier this year). We ordered online, it came today.

Need something fun for our son-in-law, something of a date-night for them, and that will about wrap up Christmas, except for stocking! Light on presents, since we anticipate helping with a house down payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!