Anyone started Christmas shopping, or even thinking about Christmas yet.

My FIL is one of those "I'll buy it if I want it" guy. I love him so very much, but Christmas shopping is a challenge! So I was tickled to find a digital rain gauge on Monday! Last year, I bought him a digital weather station for their travel trailer and he LOVES it! So, I'm hoping for another win. :)
My father was one of those buy it when he wants it kind of guys-one year I got him him a gift certificate to the local dealership to get his car detailed -he loved it!

From Carson closing. I got for our house and for my mom for Xmas matching door mats and an outside picture both pineapple themed; she will like that we will match. Today I stopped and grabbed a free box from a box recycle area to wrap them. I am actually going to wrap them and drop them off and tell her she can open it now so she can enjoy then this year too.

DD got short boots from Carson's that will be a Xmas gift.

From Pink we got a clearance sweatshirt ( hmm that will work for our Disney Dec/Jan trip) and clearance shorts both for Xmas.

I have gotten a couple of 1/2 off coupon deals for peeps for Xmas. The limit to spend is $25. I spend $25 but they will get $50 credit.

Oh yeah I making a Xmas box of socks for DD, today I grabbed a free box that has 12 oval cut outs. I opened the box lined the top with foil. Grabbed another insert from another box and was separated squares. The holiday themed socks will go into the individual boxes, there are 12 openings. She will open them prior to the holiday during that month. I saw the Disney boxes last year but she would not wear the cuts of those socks. I might send it to back to college with her. I just need thanksgiving socks, I think I got all the other holidays, oops need Halloween.

:santa:OP here,

I went shopping with my mom yesterday. I did pick up a few more items. Belk was having a really good clearance sale on there fashion jewelry. I picked up some earrings for my daughter, a couple pairs that will go in her stocking and a Christmas pair to give her early for her to wear for work.. I did pick up some things for me as well but that doesn't count as they aren't Christmas presents but I will be wearing them during Christmas.. .I also bought her a dress at Bealls on clearance for her and her husband trip to Jamaica. We stopped at Ross and I did grab some hair bands to put in her stocking, and some Footie socks for my DH for his stocking but after looking at the ones in his sock drawer I went ahead and put them in the drawer... last stop was the dollar tree and I found a bunch of books the write on wipe off kind, stickers and coloring book to put in my grandsons stocking.

I could use some suggestions on a kitchen gifts for my daughter... Every year I buy her something really nice for her to use in the kitchen, then some type of kitchen tools. Last year it was stainless steel mixing bowls with lids and in her stocking I had found some bamboo salad servers, and a couple of colorful spatula's in different sizes... Also for her birthday I got her some new wisk's and a hand grader with the cup attachment on the bottom she had been eyeing mine. So she loves to bake, and has started moving out of her comfort zone with cooking... She has the basic's - griddle, crockpot, kitchen aid with some attachments, I think they have a deep fryer. So any suggestions would be much appreciated.
For Baking I would get a nice kitchen scale. Successful baking takes precision and having a great scale for measuring ingredients is a must for bakers.

I did get a handful of stocking stuffers on my trip this week. A keychain for each kid, earrings for each of my girls, a leather bracelet for my son and a necklace for each of them. I would have liked to have picked up a little more but it was hard trying to shop stealthily while being surrounded by my family, lol.

I have been looking for a mini scoop for myself and planned to pick up one for her. The problem is that I can't find a decent one, I found one a Bed, Bath and Beyond, but it was cheaply made, and the price was crazy ....Suggestion on were to look. or a brand that will last. Love the icing spatula or smoother for cake writing those on the list. With the spring form pans... I'm not sure if she has one or not... I will have to find out.. Thanks great ideas....
A couple of years ago my DD requested this brand. It’s what they use at work. (she’s a professional baker) I often borrow this one for my meatballs. There are smaller sizes so you have to look around and if you want to get an entire set you’re better off looking in kitchen supply stores. The prices on Amazon can be highly inflated.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001MSEXW/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_7_w

:santa:OP here,

I went shopping with my mom yesterday. I did pick up a few more items. Belk was having a really good clearance sale on there fashion jewelry. I picked up some earrings for my daughter, a couple pairs that will go in her stocking and a Christmas pair to give her early for her to wear for work.. I did pick up some things for me as well but that doesn't count as they aren't Christmas presents but I will be wearing them during Christmas.. .I also bought her a dress at Bealls on clearance for her and her husband trip to Jamaica. We stopped at Ross and I did grab some hair bands to put in her stocking, and some Footie socks for my DH for his stocking but after looking at the ones in his sock drawer I went ahead and put them in the drawer... last stop was the dollar tree and I found a bunch of books the write on wipe off kind, stickers and coloring book to put in my grandsons stocking.

I could use some suggestions on a kitchen gifts for my daughter... Every year I buy her something really nice for her to use in the kitchen, then some type of kitchen tools. Last year it was stainless steel mixing bowls with lids and in her stocking I had found some bamboo salad servers, and a couple of colorful spatula's in different sizes... Also for her birthday I got her some new wisk's and a hand grader with the cup attachment on the bottom she had been eyeing mine. So she loves to bake, and has started moving out of her comfort zone with cooking... She has the basic's - griddle, crockpot, kitchen aid with some attachments, I think they have a deep fryer. So any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Does she have an immersion blender? They are great, just do not buy a cusinart one, they are crap.

Co workers
I usually use my airmiles to buy Starbucks gift cards but that ends up costing me around $250.00
I found some adorable mini 2 oz mason jars at dollar tree yesterday and I am going to make some candy treat jars for everyone instead. The jars were 2 for $1.00--great deal.So my total costs should be around $50.00.:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

81-IvSQcAQL._SX355_.jpg

yes I have 40-44 co workers
I might paint the lids black and make mini snowmen.

I'm one of those people that shop year round as I find things that "scream someone's name". I guess as a former retailer, the LAST thing I want to do during the holidays is fight the crowds in the stores, feel the pressure of buying gifts, and being broke. For me, it makes the season more enjoyable. :santa:

I’m both happy to see this thread and shocked that it has so many responses already !

We very recently ( two days ago) booked a trip for our Canadian Spring Break to Orlando . I think main gifts for the kids will be trip related . They are 14 and 21 now and don’t need toys and such . I am looking to do things like water park tickets , gift cards for spending money .. that kind of thing .
That is as far as I have thought about Christmas so far, but I only have 8 months to fund this trip with a very unfavourable exchange rate , so trip related things for Christmas helps quite a bit.

I’m both happy to see this thread and shocked that it has so many responses already !

We very recently ( two days ago) booked a trip for our Canadian Spring Break to Orlando . I think main gifts for the kids will be trip related . They are 14 and 21 now and don’t need toys and such . I am looking to do things like water park tickets , gift cards for spending money .. that kind of thing .
That is as far as I have thought about Christmas so far, but I only have 8 months to fund this trip with a very unfavourable exchange rate , so trip related things for Christmas helps quite a bit.

Hi Hon
Last year I made the Kids(adults actually)
Extra Large Baggies filled with all the things they needed for a
Fun In The Sun Trip,,things like:
tube of aloe vera gel/after sun cream
advil/tylenol
small toothpaste/brush/floss
mini Tide travel detergent
small tube of sunblock
sunblock lip balm
mini shampoo/conditioners
new luggage tags
mini hand sanitizers
Starbucks coffee card(airport and Disney Parks)
Just little things but boy did they like them.
Have fun planning Hon
Hugs Mel

I wanted to mention that Shoppers has a great deal on "Teen" packs right now $12.00-$13.00 for alot of stuff.

Great ideas ! I think I will do something similar for sure . And thank you for the heads up on the teen packs .. we love them . Such a great deal on that stuff!
Hi Hon
Last year I made the Kids(adults actually)
Extra Large Baggies filled with all the things they needed for a
Fun In The Sun Trip,,things like:
tube of aloe vera gel/after sun cream
advil/tylenol
small toothpaste/brush/floss
mini Tide travel detergent
small tube of sunblock
sunblock lip balm
mini shampoo/conditioners
new luggage tags
mini hand sanitizers
Starbucks coffee card(airport and Disney Parks)
Just little things but boy did they like them.
Have fun planning Hon
Hugs Mel

I wanted to mention that Shoppers has a great deal on "Teen" packs right now $12.00-$13.00 for alot of stuff.

Already started for the kids. Our big expenses are October-January. Birthday and anniversary, plus the holidays clean me out! I got the Vtech action camera for DS #2 for Christmas. Birthday shopping for DS #3 is done.

Just picked up a Clinique full size face clean regimen box that also has the travel size and travel bag for $66.

We have a very small family so I don’t have a lot to buy. I’d like to upgrade my daughters tablet and/or phone. She’s proven she won’t break her electronics and would take good care of better ones. So I’ll be scouting Black Friday deals to see what I can find. I am going to buy the hubs fishing gear. My mom won’t like anything I buy her so I am not sure what to do there. I am going to get Dd’s coaches those big phone banks that charge more than once. Their phones often die at meets. So I have a plan, I just haven’t bought anything yet.

[QUOTE="wenrob, post: 59478440, member: 190421"]A couple of years ago my DD requested this brand. It’s what they use at work. (she’s a professional baker) I often borrow this one for my meatballs. There are smaller sizes so you have to look around and if you want to get an entire set you’re better off looking in kitchen supply stores. The prices on Amazon can be highly inflated.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001MSEXW/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_7_w[/QUOTE]

OP here
Oh this one looks nice and solid. Love the idea of a set... Thanks so much

Does she have an immersion blender? They are great, just do not buy a cusinart one, they are crap.

OP here
I think that her in-law got them one at one of wedding showers, they did a couples shower, and then she had a typical all girls bridal shower and bachelorette party. I think if I remember it was a Cuisinart she hasn't mentioned it or using it... I will have to casual see what I can find out. Do you have a suggestion on what brand would be like middle of the road price point? Thanks for another great idea...

Co workers
I usually use my airmiles to buy Starbucks gift cards but that ends up costing me around $250.00
I found some adorable mini 2 oz mason jars at dollar tree yesterday and I am going to make some candy treat jars for everyone instead. The jars were 2 for $1.00--great deal.So my total costs should be around $50.00.:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

81-IvSQcAQL._SX355_.jpg

I have a friend that does something like this every year. She has made - instant hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, she printed the instructions like gift tag size, and used curling ribbon it decorate the tops. Chocolate and white chocolate cover pretzels with red and green sprinkles, and just tied some twine and red ribbon around the neck of the jar with a gift tag.

There are a few brand new Harry Potter Lego sets that released last week. They're totally sold out on the Lego website (I think one of them is available as backorder and the others are fully sold out). Target also carries the new sets and some are available for order or shipping. The Great Hall set is pretty much gone, but you might be lucky and have one of the few stores that still has one supposedly in stock. I have no idea at all if they'll come back before Christmas, but we didn't want to be hunting things down so bought them last week. Now to decide who gets which sets... daughter, nieces, etc.

But if you have any interest, check Target and jump on it if you find what you're looking for.
The Great Hall Harry Potter lego is back in stock, online at Target this morning.

Got a little more shopping done for DS over the weekend. We were at Ikea and got to the kids' area and I found a really cute picture book for him for $4. Also went to a sale at a local used bookstore and sold a few things too. Got him the Walt Disney Studios short film collection (the one with Frozen Fever one it) and the Jungle Book 2. Both were used copies but I tested them today and they work great. DS is only a baby so he won't know the difference anyways. After a $6 credit from selling a few things and 50% off our highest priced item (which was the sale they had going on) we paid $7 for both. Not bad at all. We also got a board game for a friend for $10. I'll either givethat to him as a housewarming gift when he moves in to his new place next month or hold onto it for his October Bday. Haven't decided yet.

Progress!

Co workers

81-IvSQcAQL._SX355_.jpg

What a cute idea-but does this mean you receive 40+ gifts from your co workers?? :faint:

With toys r us clearance closing sale I did a lot of shopping. My 2(almost3) yr old is completely done. The older 2 I have a few things for. And some nieces and nephews are done. I only buy for the kids not the adults

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!