Anyone stay at Desert Peal Inn?

moet7

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Planning a trip to Zion National Park.

I can get a pool view or a river view room at the Desert Peal Inn. Wondering what would be better.

Also should I go with a room that is up or on the first level?

Thanks!

I have not stayed there yet, we are going in June, but I decided to go with the river view. Have you tried calling and speaking to the hotel? I spoke to a very nice lady and she gave me different views on which one to take. I choose river for a more serene experience.

I am mainly answering to keep this bumped and hopefully someone who has stayed there will answer.

Amy

We stayed there a few years back as I mentioned in another post. You can't go wrong . . . we had a pool view on the upper level and thought it was really nice. It was long enough ago that I'm fuzzy . . but I think I went for the less expensive room. That's my usual as I'm cheap but travel more because of the thriftyness:lmao:

Definately a :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 place. Bus stop to the park center is very close and "downtown" Springdale is right nearby. Just realize that the property is somewhat compact . . . not a lot of land between the road and river.

Thank you for your reply.

I will search for your other post on the Desert Pearl.

I have a pool view room booked/ground level.

Do you think the view is as nice, or do you think I should move to the upper floor?

What is the view from the pool area, the sun setting or rising?

Thanks for your help!

IIRC the rooms are laid out in an L, maybe a U . . . so the sunrise/set all depends. The motel is basically a courtyard, so it's mostly a pool view with views of the nearby ridges over the walls/buildings. I was more impressed by the location and the room itself than the views, but pretty much anywhere in town you can get the views.
The upper floor had a cathedral ceiling and of course the benefit of no one above making noise. Lower levels have a terrace rather than balcony, that becomes a personal preference . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter