Anyone stayed in a Grand Villa?

Akliebert

Mouseketeer
We are staying in the Grand Villa at AKV Kidani in February. We have never stayed or even seen a Grand Villa before. Have you stayed in a Grand Villa and if so what was your expience?

We've stayed in GVs several times, but I'm not sure I understand your question. It really isn't any different than any other DVC stay except it's for more bedrooms and more people.

We have not stayed in the AKV GVs but I hope to someday. So far all of our GV stays have been at OKW, and we love the layout of the OKW GVs for everything except the kitchen. I prefer the kitchen in the 2 bedroom OKW units to the GV.

We so want to, but it's so many points... The two floor villas at BLT with floot to ceiling windows look amazing, the AKV with a pool table or other req equipment just seems fun...

Maybe someday, but given their popularity and high point total, especially at BLT one of our home resorts, not sure when that will be.

Enjoy!!

Just stayed in GV 7820 at Kidani on Oct 8th. I NEVER wanted to leave. I loved it. There were 10 of us and there was plenty of room. 4 bathrooms, 5 tvs, huge dining room table. Wonderful views of the savannah. We absolutely loved it. The only strange thing is that there are no locks on the bathroom doors. 3 of the 4 bathrooms are within the bedrooms and there are no locks just sliding doors. The 4th bathroom is behind a sliding door as well. It is like a big walk in closet then the bathroom through the closet.

Ah, yes! We had a full week in a GV at SSR overlooking Fulton's. Lovely! We were a group of six (3 couples). While the master bedroom was rather uncomfortable (with respect to both bedding and room configuration) -- our guests in the upstairs bedrooms faired better. We had a nice stay and would do it again if we could.

We've had 2 GV stays at SSR. Will be in one next Friday.

My favorite 3brs are the Beach Cottages at Vero Beach. Did that this spring break. I like that all the bedrooms are down stairs along with with washer/dryer. Living space has amazing views.

Best thing about the GV's/BC's full size tables that everyone can sit down and eat at.

Stayed at SSR gv last week and there were 6 of us plus the baby. It was huge! It was a nice experience for us once, but I don't think we will be doing it again ..... Too many points!

We're staying in a GV at BLT for the first time in May. We're very excited! Can't wait! It's a surprise for our 5 year old twins' Birthdays. I'll report back after the trip...:yay:

We are staying in the Grand Villa at AKV Kidani in February. We have never stayed or even seen a Grand Villa before. Have you stayed in a Grand Villa and if so what was your expience?

Stayed at one last Christmas. We had our family (DW, myself, DD16, DD11) and friends from Philly (DW, DH, DGM, DD11, DD14) and it was FABULOUS. DW & I had the master downstairs, friend and her DH had one bedroom upstairs, the girls shared the other room I think, and DGM had the fold out so she would wake if someone tried to exit from the upstairs doorway.

We had the very last unit so we had a very long walk, but since we were the closest to the animal barn, we always has animals around.

Horrible! don't do it. ..... just kidding.

We've stayed OKW 2x. Mostly great experiences. Our adult kids stayed at SSR GV when they graduated and loved the experience. It is alot of points, but to us it really is a luxury vacation! So relaxing. Privacy, but still together. Wonderful experience!

So far all of our GV stays have been at OKW, and we love the layout of the OKW GVs for everything except the kitchen. I prefer the kitchen in the 2 bedroom OKW units to the GV.

Diane, if you don't mind my asking, how is the kitchen layout different at OKW between the GV and 2BR? Just curious b/c we have stayed in a 2BR and are staying in a GV next May....

TIA!

We've stayed in a Grand Villa at Saratoga Springs once. I must confess they are great. the amount of space you get. i am unsure how the layouts differ between resorts.

We so want to, but it's so many points... The two floor villas at BLT with floot to ceiling windows look amazing, the AKV with a pool table or other req equipment just seems fun...

Maybe someday, but given their popularity and high point total, especially at BLT one of our home resorts, not sure when that will be.

Enjoy!!

FYI, the pool tables are omly in the Jambo Grand Villas, Kidani ones do not have them.

Stayed at one last Christmas. We had our family (DW, myself, DD16, DD11) and friends from Philly (DW, DH, DGM, DD11, DD14) and it was FABULOUS. DW & I had the master downstairs, friend and her DH had one bedroom upstairs, the girls shared the other room I think, and DGM had the fold out so she would wake if someone tried to exit from the upstairs doorway.

We had the very last unit so we had a very long walk, but since we were the closest to the animal barn, we always has animals around.
You beat me to it! ;)

Just stayed at AKV GV in Jambo. It was our second time as we stayed in a GV there last year too. They are great! My kids love the pool table and the 3 huge lanais overlooking the savannah.

We stay at OKW in a :cool1: grand villa every year, love the extra space so much...especially with 3 teenagers, and my parents come with us most of the time. You will not regret it

We have done the GV at OKW, AKV Kidani and AKV Jambo House. All of them are delightful! The amount of room they have is amazing. Our favorite one was the AKV Jambo House. The pool table and the master bath was wonderful. We didn't do any parks with that stay and other than visiting the animals from time to time stayed and played in our room. Watched a two hour movie from my frothing bubble bath in the master bath and LOVED the shower. I have never had a better shower than the one I had there. If I could duplicate it in my home I would do so in a heartbeat! The water pressure was awesome! Heck, someone could have slept in the master bedroom closet it was so big!

Kidani was great too but the master bedroom was no where near as nice as the Jambo House one was. Both were darker than I like my surroundings to be but both had very nice views of the Savannah. The OKW GV is more to my tastes with color and sunlight. Not as fancy in the bathroom department but just as roomy and extraordinary!

We got married in Disney and had a grand villa at the boardwalk (where most everyone who attended the wedding were staying also). Best decision ever. Two nights before the wedding we had a welcome party there and we had anywhere between 40-65 people at once and it did not feel that crowded. It was also used as a central "hang out" spot for everyone over the weekend.

The extra space from a 2 BR to the GV is so worth it - if you can use the space. It was overlooking the boardwalk right in the middle and just really an awesome room.

We had a GV with DDT views at SSR and loved it. What I particularly liked was the fact that at SSR our kids, who were late elementary age, were able to be outside running around part of the time. With five kids in the group, this was fantastic for us. Not all of the resorts (BW comes to mind) really offer that because of the hallways, but with that big of a group (11) it was nice to send them out to run off steam. We could see them right off our balcony.

And the nighttime views of DDT were amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter