Anyone stayed near Fantasy stateroom 10560? I have a couple of questions for you...

chrisrunty

DIS Veteran
We are about to sail on our 14th Disney Cruise.. woohoo!!! This is the first time we've done VGT, could not pass up a great spring break deal. :) I am however curious of those who have stayed on Deck 10 regarding the overhang and possible "chairs" dragging sound. We look to be under the area around Flo's. Any thoughts/ opinions would be appreciated. We can't change rooms due to the restricted rate. We *might* however try to upgrade at the port. Thank you!!!

My sister and her family took a vgt rate on the dream in December. When they were assigned their room on deck 10, they looked at the reviews and it said they would be right under the main pool deck and hear pool loungers being moved around. They were pretty bummed, but went with an open mind.

She said that yes, you could hear the pool loungers being arranged early in the mornings, but it wasn’t terrible. Her husband and daughter slept thru it every morning.

She ended up loving their room because it was so convenient!

We stayed in an aft room on deck 10 and being a light sleeper, I definitely heard the chairs being moved around. The rest of my family slept right through it and was totally fine. Since then I have started sleeping with the white noise app on my phone and think that if I had that on the ship, I would not have been bothered by the scraping.

Even with the noise, I would not have changed rooms though. Loved the location and we had the larger balcony which to me, was totally worth a little less sleep!

Several years ago we stayed in room 10066. It is on the same deck but on the opposite side of the ship directly across from your room. We joked during the cruise we were below ice cream. My wife and I were very pleased with the room. Even though we were right below the self service ice cream and pool deck we did not notice any excessive noise. There were time we did hear some noise from the cast setting up deck chairs though it was never so loud it became a issue. We would definitely book this room again. With all that said you will be on the side of the ship under the fast food dinning locations. I am not sure how loud the noise on that side of the ship will be. Hopefully others on that side of the ship will be able to give you more information.

10524 on Dream for us last year and there was never a complaint of noise from the 4 of us. I'm generally a light sleeper when I'm not at home and never had a problem with chairs above or the elevator outside the door.

My sister and her family took a vgt rate on the dream in December. When they were assigned their room on deck 10, they looked at the reviews and it said they would be right under the main pool deck and hear pool loungers being moved around. They were pretty bummed, but went with an open mind.

She said that yes, you could hear the pool loungers being arranged early in the mornings, but it wasn’t terrible. Her husband and daughter slept thru it every morning.

She ended up loving their room because it was so convenient!
Thank you for the comment! We are not light sleepers... :)

Several years ago we stayed in room 10066. It is on the same deck but on the opposite side of the ship directly across from your room. We joked during the cruise we were below ice cream. My wife and I were very pleased with the room. Even though we were right below the self service ice cream and pool deck we did not notice any excessive noise. There were time we did hear some noise from the cast setting up deck chairs though it was never so loud it became a issue. We would definitely book this room again. With all that said you will be on the side of the ship under the fast food dinning locations. I am not sure how loud the noise on that side of the ship will be. Hopefully others on that side of the ship will be able to give you more information.
Thank you!

There is a tendency to over-emphasize some of the potential issues to the point folks refrain from booking anything on deck 10 (or 8 on classics), deck 2, deck 5, deck whatever.
We were once assigned two connecting rooms directly under the atrium, on deck 2 (where Edge used to be prior to refurbishment). Were there occasional noises heard in the room? Yes, you could sometimes hear the kids running and jumping off off stairs and onto the floor. Did it have any impact on our ability to sleep in the room? No.
Those who want to find problems, or seek the most minuscule reasons for selecting or not selecting a particular location or a room, can go ahead and stress themselves out. I'm planning to enjoy our assigned deck 10 rooms on the same sailing, and I believe you will as well. :)

Last edited:
There is a tendency to over-emphasize some of the potential issues to the point folks refrain from booking anything on deck 10 (or 8 on classics), deck 2, deck 5, deck whatever.
We were once assigned two connecting rooms directly under the atrium, on deck 2 (where Edge used to be prior to refurbishment). Were there occasional noises heard in the room? Yes, you could sometimes hear the kids running and jumping off off stairs and onto the floor. Did it have any impact on our ability to sleep in the room? No.
Those who want to find problems, or seek the most minuscule reasons for selecting or not selecting a particular location or a room, can go ahead and stress themselves out. I'm planning to enjoy our assigned deck 10 rooms on the same sailing, and I believe you will as well. :)
Thank you for the wise words!! :flower1:

You know, I'm not sure what the difference in this cruise vs our last one, but we were in 10526 this time (vs 10524) and the noise was much worse. I guess a lot of it can be down to luck of the draw but this cruise seemed a LOT more rowdy than the last one as far as noise outside the door and above our heads. Not sure it would completely keep me from those rooms, but if you're a really light sleeper you might look elsewhere.

On 9 of 10 cruises we've been on deck 10 for Dream/Fantasy or 8 for Magic/Wonder. None of us have been awoken with deck chair noise or anything else in the AM. Pirate night, though, is like being in a nightclub. No going to bed early on Pirate night! :) Joking aside, the convenience of being right below the pool deck outweighs the one minor issue that my wife and I could think up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter