Anyone use Alan's Wheelchair Rental?

Buckimion

Purple Heart Park Commando
I'm curious if anyone has used Alan's wheelchairs in Anaheim to rent an ECV or chair? Any comments on their service or equipment appreciated.

Are you just using an ECV or wheelchair for Disneyland? If so, you might just want to rent them at the park. That way if the ECV breaks down, they bring a new one to you. I am sorry, I don't have any information on the service you mentioned. But we do rent my father in law an ECV every trip and have been very satisfied with the equipment Disneyland uses.

Between Knotts and Disney, we're spending about 5 days in the parks. At $30 a pop (Or is Disney now $40? I've gotten conflicting info), thats $150 plus the daily deposits charged. On top of that, If I start at DL and then cut accross to CA, I'm NOT optomistic that they'll still have any ECVs left for the day.

Alans starts at under $100 for the week. (Although they're recommending a heavy-duty ECV that is $130 for park touring.) and I can take it everywhere.
Someone who hasn't used Alan's on the disABILITIES board suggested the higher cost ECV isn't needed. (The main focus on disABILITIES is on WDW.)

I've been hoping that someone else here has used them and can give a thumbs up/down.

One thing to be aware of, they let you take the scooter you rent at Disneyland over to DCA and then back again. We have done this many times with my father in law. I wish I could help you on Alan's! I know it gets very expensive renting those things each day, I wish they would give you a discount for multiple days, a voucher for instance. Sadly, I think one of the reasons they charge so much is to discourage people who don't need them to rent them so they get on the rides faster. Also, the deposit is credited immediately when you take the scooter back either by credit or cash depending on how you paid. As of December of 2004, it was $50 a day but then they refund you the $20 deposit. Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter