Anyone use Travelocity for car rental?

I would read the reviews for the rental companies very carefully. The ones on the cheaper end are not very highly rated. Lots of delays, poor customer service, extra fees, large deposits, etc.

I would read the reviews for the rental companies very carefully. The ones on the cheaper end are not very highly rated. Lots of delays, poor customer service, extra fees, large deposits, etc.
I agree. I use Expedia all of the time because you can get free cancellation with no need to prepay. However I always go with cars from the well known companies. Used Fox once and it was a nightmare

I would also avoid rental companies you have never heard of. Lots of older threads about issues people had. If they are off-site from the airport, don't operate 24/7 or try to hit you with hidden fees once you arrive, then they aren't the bargain they appeared to be.

Renting direct from a rental company's website also avoids potential issues when 3rd parties are involved.

It’s Budget and it’s $1000 cheaper than anything else I can find. The odd thing when I go to the Budget website this SUV choice isn’t there which is why I was concerned!

It’s Budget and it’s $1000 cheaper than anything else I can find. The odd thing when I go to the Budget website this SUV choice isn’t there which is why I was concerned!
I am not sure about their car rental prices but a lot of people will tell you when it comes to the OTA's like Travelocity when booking airfare you will see a lower price the what the airlines has but when you go to book it tells you since you searched the price has gone up. Low and behold it's now the same price as the airline.

They are hoping to draw you in and figure that you have gone that far so you might as well book with them and not the airline.

Make sure that's not just the price you are seeing on the main page and also includes any fees and taxes.

the Travelocity s and such usually buy in bulk from the provider so their cost is fixed. I’ve not had this problem with car rentals or hotels. One thing I will say is that with hotels you often get a lesser desirable room location. Because of this I book rooms direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter