Anyone want to give advice on a 1 day touring plan for Universal Studios

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
This will be our first visit. I think I have a game plan in order, but wanted to get some expert advice. If anyone has the time and wants to post a one day touring plan, I'd love to read it. We won't be staying on site, so I think we can only get one express line thing (see how I good I am at this:( ) at a time, so if you want to include how to use these that would be helpful too. (And yes, I read the post on how to get to the front of the line - I'm a slow learner;) )

diskids2:

Just a few things before we can answer:

What are the ages of your children?

Are you guys thrill ride enthusiasts?

What time of year are you staying there?

Also, an excellent source of info is fellow poster kelly monaghan's book "Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide" which is a priceless resource of what is good for you and your family.

...and NO kelly did not pay me for this endorsement :p ... I just like his book!

If you're just going to the studios, take the 5 hour non-exclusive VIP tour. It costs 127.20 a person, and in 5 hours, you see all the rides, at least one stadium show, Twister and Terminator.

This guided tour takes away-Waiting in Line, Cranky Kids, Cranky parents and leaves you with great memories.

Reservations are recommended and can be made at-

(407)363-8295.

Ok let's see, answers to your questions:

Children's ages: 6 and 10, traveling also with two parents and two grandparents.

The rides at the studios look like we will be able to handle them. Maybe Grandma will sit out Back to the Future.

We are going Thanksgiving week. The date for our visit to the Studios is Sunday, November 18th.

I have already read Kelly's book and it was great! (I wasn't paid for that either:) ) I was just looking for confirmation of the plan or some other strategies. I think the book that I have did not have Men in Black in it.

The VIP tour sounds great, but I don't have an additional $700 to spend at the studios.

Thanks!

looks like with the grandparents and the ages and possible short heights of the kids it will be studios for you. The rides that always have long lines are T2-3D, Jaws, Back to the Future. Quite frankly i would come in the main gate and go right to the T2-3D and continue from there around the park in a counter-clockwise fashion right back around to the main souviener store. One show that the whole family might enjoy is the Bettlejuice Graveyard Revue, i have been an annual pasholder for 4 years and i still like that show.

Thanks for the suggestion. We choose to do the studios for those very reasons. We have never been and everyone is really excited to go. So you would start with Terminator instead of Back to the Future or ET?

I would do the rides in this order when you arrive at opening:

Pick up a Universal Express ticket for Hanna Barbera
Then ride:
MiB
BTTF
ET
Jaws
Earthquake
Kongfrontation
Twister
Hanna Barbera Universal Express ticket (if the time is right)
T2

Then enjoy the rest of the park at your leisure. Most people hit T2 first. Sometimes T2 does not open until 20-30 minutes after the park opening, so you may be in line for a while until the doors open.

Sounds good to me (like I know what I'm talking about;) I asked on another thread and I'll ask here: Can you qualify for EE if you buy a AAA ticket for 1 day?

well you have plan a and now plan b. i would suggest you go online and look at the map of USF and plot the points listed in barry's plan. see how many of those items are things you really really have to see or do. my only concern is the walking for the grandparents. since i was there in feb with grandparents and learned first hand how slow they walk and often they need to rest. of course all this depends on age and medical condition and only you can judge your own situation.
with either plan if the park has a good attendence day you will hit lines from 11:00 am on.
Godd luck and have a great time. :smooth:

Thanks for the advice. My parents are in pretty good shape. They trucked it around WDW last year for 10 days. We take afternoon breaks. Your point is well taken though because we will not be going to take a break at USF.

Thanks again!

We toured in early nov/99 with a 5 and 10 year old. They loved the Woody Woodpecker kidzone. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to get wet when you go. If so, bring towels and bathing suits for the kids to change into. My 5 year old loved Barney and my 10 year old spent an hour in the dry ball play area! We spent almost 2 hours in WWKZone and it would've been longer but we adults wanted to move on!

Any questions just ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter