Anyone want to offer dining suggestions for a foodie?

Awesome!!! We totally have to try this.
Be aware that Territory Lounge has reduced and changed its menu. Used to, pretty much anything that Artist Point had then TL could get. No longer. Further, AP is soon to close (late Oct/early Nov) and become, sigh, yet another character meal. I would take AP off my list, as well as TL.

Still planning and need to decide between Tusker House and Tiffins?!?! What would everyone choose?

Be aware that Territory Lounge has reduced and changed its menu. Used to, pretty much anything that Artist Point had then TL could get. No longer. Further, AP is soon to close (late Oct/early Nov) and become, sigh, yet another character meal. I would take AP off my list, as well as TL.

That makes it easier choosing between Cali Gali lounge and this one! Thanks for the heads up.

Still planning and need to decide between Tusker House and Tiffins?!?! What would everyone choose?

Tiffins is a wonderful respite with fantastic food and service. While I enjoyed the food at Tusker House (not as much as Tiffins), it was just so flipping loud in there.

Original OP Question....

RIGHT off - DDP? TIW? or OOP? This makes a HUGE difference.
Respectfully, it doesn’t if you are concerned with the quality of the food and the experience, then the means of paying for it is just that the means. TIW, AP, and DVC are nice to have bonuses and the DDP is a limiting (perhaps) factor to be managed.

You can't go wrong with any of the resort signatures. My personal fave is Yachtsman with honourable mention to Flying Fish.

We've enjoyed Les Halles and Via Napoli. This upcoming trip we're looking forward to trying Skippers Canteen and Tiffins.
While I don't know if we qualify as 'foodies,' our trip planning is always very food-focused.
In a general sense, we keep our expectations fairly low. We'll go to places like Be Our Guest (with the old menus), Sci-Fi, and Ohana for the experience more than the food. I like Sanaa but the flavors there aren't as good as what we make at home (or what we can get at local Indian places). Same with Boma.

I would actually choose Tusker House over Tiffin's and would plan to go Nomad Lounge instead of Tiffin's as well. Maybe we had a bad day, but Tiffin's seemed too open and boxy to me and then our neighbors at the next table were practically sitting with us and sharing our food. Well, not actually, what they were doing was staring in disgust at my whole fish and whispering about it. Yep. Our server was AWOL and DH's steak was raw. It just was not a great meal.

Nomad Lounge was beautiful and cozy (on a cold December day) and we really regretted that we hadn't eaten there instead of Tiffin's.

I also recommend Morimoto. I thought the food was prepared well and it was delicious. Frontera Grill is really good, I've never had a bad meal at a Rick Bayless restaurant.

We never miss Sanaa. I also recommend CA Grill brunch, I'm currently planning an entire trip around that brunch.

Dean Marino, We are OOP. We haven't been on the DP since we started to stay at WBC. We did love the old dining plan when we did stay at the resorts year ago.

Respectfully, it doesn’t if you are concerned with the quality of the food and the experience, then the means of paying for it is just that the means. TIW, AP, and DVC are nice to have bonuses and the DDP is a limiting (perhaps) factor to be managed.

I think that's his point. In our opinion, the best restaurants at WDW are at Swan/Dolphin. (Excluding V&A, of course.) There's no reason to even suggest those restaurants to people who want to eat at DDP eligible restaurants only. If they're not limited to DDP, the world is their oyster & they may appreciate the fact that it's possible to get a discount at those restaurants.

I think that's his point. In our opinion, the best restaurants at WDW are at Swan/Dolphin. (Excluding V&A, of course.) There's no reason to even suggest those restaurants to people who want to eat at DDP eligible restaurants only. If they're not limited to DDP, the world is their oyster & they may appreciate the fact that it's possible to get a discount at those restaurants.
Thank you. Now, exiting.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!