Anyone with platinum?

Buschfan

Mouseketeer
We just upgraded to the new platinum pass over the phone. Anyone out there that has used this new pass? I know that there is preferred seating at all the SW shows among other perks. Just wondering how it worked out. We won't use our new pass until Memorial day weekend . Curious about where the reserved seating is. Also, if anyone has experience with the reride privilege on Kraken or Journey to Atlantis?

Buschfan, you guys are lucky down in Fla. I live one hour away from Busch / Wms.Burg. I've had my Platinum Pass going into my second year. We don't get the same perks you do it seems. We don't get any special preferred seating for shows or repeat ride on any of the coasters. My son and I did get in free at Tampa last year with our passes. No preferred parking though.
We get the same food/merchandise discount. We do have a new
food card this year, you buy six combo meals, etc. and you get the next one free.You would think that since Tampa started the
Platinum Pass, they would all be the same. O well, I'll be in Tampa for my free visit in june. Maybe I will run into you at Wms.Burg Busch. Just look for a Silver headed guy riding Apollo's Chariot

Ronnie from Va. :cool:

Hey there Ronnie. I think you are the lucky one truthfully. You've got the best park in the country close to you. Williamsburg is a beautiful place. They did a great job with Ireland. Miss the brewery tour and hospitality house though.
Actually, platinum started in Williamsburg. We just got it May 15th down here. I had to pay 50 percent to visit Williamsburg last year. The Tampa pass is more $$, but I think it is probably because our parks are open year round. Not sure why your benefits are different though. Maybe they will tweek them next year.
I will look out for you. Send me an e-mail and my crew can meet up with you if you are going on a weekend in June. Looks like we are going to wait until September and do a long weekend up there. My hometown is Richmond, so being able to visit Busch up there is an added plus.

Todd transplant from VA

We also got the Platinum pass this year. We live in Va and go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA frequently. Since we are planning to move to Florida next year, and will be visiting frequently while seaching for a home, we decided that this would give us the freedom to visit Seaworld, and BG Tampa while there. I think it is a wonderful idea, and a great value.

Does the renewal have to be done in person or can it be done online? I checked online and I didn't see it. :(

I didn't have any luck trying to get my pass upgraded online. It is displayed if you want to buy a new pass. I had to call the season pass number at 1-800-343-7946 to upgrade. They refunded for the time I had left on our older 2-year Wild Card Plus passes. I signed up for ez-pay and they debited the first month. They mail you your passes and give you a letter to take to the park to pickup your platinum membership items. We each got a rhino video, a canvas bag, a lanyard, and a platinum membership pin.

We have used our new passes a couple of times at Sea World while taking a break for a few hours from UO. The passes attract alot of attention from some of the employees at the park. Not many people have them yet. They really look cool! We really like re-riding Kraken. They do make you leave the ride and you stand by the exit and you board the next train. On Atlantis, you exit the boat on the left and walk a short distance back to where they group boarding parties.

The reserved seating is not the best. It is not right in the center, at least from our experience at the pet show and Shamu. It is behind the splash zone at Shamu. You do get to enter before everyone else thought. They rope off the platinum seating. We have been the only ones in the section everytime.

You do seem to have to remind the parking people that preferred parking is free. I have always had to ask for the card that they put on your wiper. My wife and kids also had a problem when they went to Adventure Island Friday. The concession worker didn't believe she had a valid pass for her food discount. She eventually convinced him though. It will just take time until people buy these passes and they get used to seeing them. I am sure the workers at the Busch Gardens and Water Country in Virginia are more used to seeing it as it has been available there since last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter