Anyone with tickets on AC...getting a cash refund is easy.

Is your flight still sometime in the future. Mine has already "happened". This change means I won't need to worry about booking withing the 2 year window so I'm happy about that.

Mine is in the future, August. That may be a factor in if there are cancellation fees or not. I'll see if I can get any clarity later today and report back what I find out.

Hmmm the only thing that stood out to me was the small note about cancellation penalties may apply.
" Cancellation fees may apply based on the type of fare you purchased.".
Previous to this announcement I thought all fees had been waived?
I booked with expedia; it may be time to give them a call
I think from here on out we'll be booking flights strictly thru the airlines. I've seen/ heard of too many problems with flights that were booked thru 3rd party sites and people who redeemed airmiles can't get a clear answer.

I think from here on out we'll be booking flights strictly thru the airlines. I've seen/ heard of too many problems with flights that were booked thru 3rd party sites and people who redeemed airmiles can't get a clear answer.
I booked through the Amex travel portal. I called today and the rep said that Air Canada had not yet indicated that it would grant the extension on the credit and transferability to people who booked through agencies (which would include Air Miles). He said that there is often a lag when they do apply airline policies to tickets booked with agents.

I booked through the Amex travel portal. I called today and the rep said that Air Canada had not yet indicated that it would grant the extension on the credit and transferability to people who booked through agencies (which would include Air Miles). He said that there is often a lag when they do apply airline policies to tickets booked with agents.

My experience was much the same with Expedia. They don't have the updated policies yet but I'm sure they will. The agent confirmed that expedia follows the airlines terms&conditions. I'm curious to know how the credit can be redeemed; does it live with Air Canada or can it be redeemed through online travel agencies or other third parties. I'll try Expedia later in the week.

My experience was much the same with Expedia. They don't have the updated policies yet but I'm sure they will. The agent confirmed that expedia follows the airlines terms&conditions. I'm curious to know how the credit can be redeemed; does it live with Air Canada or can it be redeemed through online travel agencies or other third parties. I'll try Expedia later in the week.
Air Canada indicates that their site for making the choice between voucher and Aeroplan will be ready on June 15th. I would be surprised if 3rd party agencies have answers before that date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter