Anyone's wedding being postponed due to Coronavirus closures?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone on here has a wedding that is going to be potponed due to WDW closing & coronavirus? I wondered how DFTW is handling this.

Mine is on 19th May... Have our planning session this Thursday. It's a go until they tell me no..... Hanging on to fairy dust as long as I can!

My sister was scheduled to get married March 28th 2020 in Gatlinburg TN at one of their chapels there. The wedding party had to cancel due to various travel restrictions in the US, and of course no one wanted to travel and gather and possibly be exposed . Not to mention all the eating places were closed and they changed her wedding reception to a hotel , the whole venue was changed and not for the better, no one was going to show so she was forced to cancel, they refused to give her a full refund and kept 3000.00 of her money, I feel so sorry for her this has been a huge nightmare and never again will I want anything to do with Chapel at the Park in Gatlinburg, I think this was very unfair of them to keep over half her money she had invested in this especially with all the closing there in TN as well. :sad2: She lives in Indiana and this has been very stressful to say the least.

I was wondering the same thing the last few days. My dd got married in Disney 11/2019.

I can't imagine the stress all soon to be couples are facing - especially for any destination wedding.

We had a wedding in NJ on 3/14. We had to cancel going. It was family and a tough decision but could not risk it. We are right over the bridge. The parents told us they tried to cancel or postpone and were told no. Don't know all the details. 54 people did not show up. They just made the wedding too because stricter rules (groups) went into effect the very next day.

We have another wedding end of April in PA - they have already postponed to July.

Hang in there to all the couples and children who were to receive Communion, Confirmation, Baptism, Anniversaries, etc. My grandson's 1st birthday was also cancelled. Nothing crazy but we can't even see him right ow.

Definitely not normal times. Very concerned with everyone's well being & finances.

Everyone be safe!!!

Our wedding is May 9 and we have not rescheduled.

So far, everything with DFTW seems like it's business as usual, although everyone is working from home. Our final payment is still due on April 9. We spoke with our photographer yesterday (not an outside vendor - he's from DFTW) and he says they are anticipating April 19 as the day they go back into the office. Obviously, we know this can change, but we won't reschedule unless we absolutely have to.

We'll have about 75 guests so we won't make a last minute decision. If we reschedule, we'll just "pick up" the whole day and all our plans and choose another day, likely in June if WDW is open by then. We're doing our best not to be too stressed about it - just hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst. We know DFTW will make everything perfect!

Our wedding is May 9 and we have not rescheduled.

So far, everything with DFTW seems like it's business as usual, although everyone is working from home. Our final payment is still due on April 9. We spoke with our photographer yesterday (not an outside vendor - he's from DFTW) and he says they are anticipating April 19 as the day they go back into the office. Obviously, we know this can change, but we won't reschedule unless we absolutely have to.

We'll have about 75 guests so we won't make a last minute decision. If we reschedule, we'll just "pick up" the whole day and all our plans and choose another day, likely in June if WDW is open by then. We're doing our best not to be too stressed about it - just hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst. We know DFTW will make everything perfect!

Good luck. Hope and wish for the best and a good outcome. Would love to know how it's all handled as things move along one way or another.

Stay safe!!!

Good luck. Hope and wish for the best and a good outcome. Would love to know how it's all handled as things move along one way or another.

Stay safe!!!
Thank you! I hope you stay safe as well.

I will post updates. We're hoping to have a call with our planner this week to get her opinion and any additional info we can get. We want all of our guests (and fellow WDW guests) to stay safe and healthy, so we will go along with whatever WDW advises.

Well, sooner than we thought, I have an update about our May 9 wedding date!

We spoke with our coordinator this morning and while DFTW is allowing couples in May and beyond to decide what they want to do about their weddings, April couples are being told to postpone or cancel (without penalty and with a full refund). We decided that we would go ahead and postpone until the second weekend of November 2020, so likely either the 13th, 14th, or 15th. We just need the go-ahead from Epcot that our reception location is available to make our final decision.

Rather than being really upset about the postponement, we are actually relieved. We love Food & Wine in the fall and the weather in November is usually ideal, so there are some benefits to the adjustment. We're having a theme park portrait session, too, so we'll have all the Christmas decor in our pictures! There were so many unknowns for May, so this just allows us to take a breath and know that everyone will be safe at home.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Good thoughts for you Anne and everyone else that has a wedding planned during this difficult time.

Glad you were also able to postpone and Disney is offering full refunds for those who do not.

My sister was scheduled to get married March 28th 2020 in Gatlinburg TN at one of their chapels there. The wedding party had to cancel due to various travel restrictions in the US, and of course no one wanted to travel and gather and possibly be exposed . Not to mention all the eating places were closed and they changed her wedding reception to a hotel , the whole venue was changed and not for the better, no one was going to show so she was forced to cancel, they refused to give her a full refund and kept 3000.00 of her money, I feel so sorry for her this has been a huge nightmare and never again will I want anything to do with Chapel at the Park in Gatlinburg, I think this was very unfair of them to keep over half her money she had invested in this especially with all the closing there in TN as well. :sad2: She lives in Indiana and this has been very stressful to say the least.
Update on this, my sister ended up getting married in Indiana, in front of a minister just the two of them. This was not her first marriage, to postpone everything just didn't work into their planning. The wedding chapel in Gatlinburg refunded everything but 1600.00 , I still think that was so wrong but I am glad she is now happily marry. Now I have a ton of wedding wands to figure out what to do with them haha. So happy Anne W. was able to postpone her wedding and feel good about it. I think November at Disney is truly magical and I can only imagine how beautiful the pictures will be, God speed to all you that have an upcoming wedding, God speed. :grouphug:

Son‘s wedding set for 4/24 so not cancelled but concerned it may be.

My Disney wedding was all set for 4/17 and we postponed to June 5th this year after a lot of consideration. Our coordinator advised as that was the best idea :( She did help us get all our dining reservations and things set up how we had them so we are hoping things will be calmed down and back open by then. Otherwise we go back to the drawing board :) It has been heartbreaking but I have just accepted it for what it is. Everyone is going through hard things right now.
They only gave me an option of 6 months to postpone the wedding so we would have to try for sometime in November if June does not work out due to work schedules also....my dress is long sleeve and I do not want to pass out on my wedding day!

Best of luck to you and everyone else out there!

We spoke with our coordinator this morning and while DFTW is allowing couples in May and beyond to decide what they want to do about their weddings, April couples are being told to postpone or cancel (without penalty and with a full refund). We decided that we would go ahead and postpone until the second weekend of November 2020, so likely either the 13th, 14th, or 15th. We just need the go-ahead from Epcot that our reception location is available to make our final decision.

Rather than being really upset about the postponement, we are actually relieved. We love Food & Wine in the fall and the weather in November is usually ideal, so there are some benefits to the adjustment. We're having a theme park portrait session, too, so we'll have all the Christmas decor in our pictures! There were so many unknowns for May, so this just allows us to take a breath and know that everyone will be safe at home.

Stay healthy, everyone!

What a wonderful follow up & I'm so glad it worked out :) I got married in WDW in December and it is a truly magical time of year to get married :) You will love the decor & the weather is great!

Stay healthy, everyone!
November is a great time to get married at Disney. I got married there on 11/11 and had perfect weather and some Christmas decorations in my Epcot park shoot. I hope you have a fantastic wedding! I’m sorry you had to reschedule from your original date, but your wedding will still be wonderful

We have moved our 19th May wedding to 18th November. Happy we postponed when we did, now we can stop stressing and looking forward to our wedding again.
And yes, very excited for the castle to be lit up for our early morning portrait session!
We're May to November as well and feel the exact same way. Stressing about whether WDW would even be open - not to mention standard wedding stress - was driving us nuts! We want to relax and be able to enjoy the process, especially since our experience with DFTW has been amazing every step of the way.

I'm so, so happy everything worked out for y'all, and I think November will be the perfect month! The castle will be gorgeous!!!

My sons June 2 is still on as planned according to Disney. We now have issues with people arriving on May 30 that will have no magic express to get to the hotel and nowhere to stay. I know they don’t want us to postpone because all of the dates that were looking at in the summer have already been taken by the April and May brides. After 18 months of planning they don’t want to change any part of their wedding and rescheduling will be a major pain. Not only because of it being a Destiination wedding but my son is in the military and can only get leave during certain times. And a lot of the wedding party flower girls junior bridesmaids one of the bridesmaids are all still in school and can’t be out of school for a wedding.
I’m hoping if they do want us to change they let us know soon or if we’re going to head with the June 2 let us know so we can try to find somewhere for about 40 people to stay. They’re 100 guests at the wedding some are driving and can just adjust their arrival dates but those with plane tickets especially the groomsmen that have to be there by the 30th to pick up their suits for Men’s Wearhouse they need somewhere to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!